• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyway to restore Illustrator back to "factory defaults"?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having issues with my Canon Pro 100s as I'm using non-OEM (third party) inks so I had someone create ICC profiles specific to the inks and papers I'm using. I managed to get Illustrator to print out a test image one time that was a close match to what I was seeing on screen (monitor is calibrated). I then tried again the next day and am now getting very different results. Even when all the settings are as far as a I know EXACTLY the same, I am getting prints that look a lot different.

I'm wondering therefore if I've inadvertantly changed something that's not so obvious and if there's anyway to reset AI back to all the default settings, as I can't for the life of me figure out what's different but the colours I'm getting not only don't match the screen they are not even close. For example red is now more like a washed out orange colour, so it's not a small difference and my prints look awful. 😞

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Here's the official way to reset Illustrator preferences:

How to reset Illustrator Preferences

However, I’m not sure whether that resets absolutely everything. For example, I know that resetting Photoshop preferences does not reset all the color settings. I don’t know if that is how Illustrator works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the official way to reset Illustrator preferences:

How to reset Illustrator Preferences

However, I’m not sure whether that resets absolutely everything. For example, I know that resetting Photoshop preferences does not reset all the color settings. I don’t know if that is how Illustrator works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines