Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply a Photoshop brush on an Illustrator lineart

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

Do you know if it is possible to apply a brush on a lineart artwork created in Adobe Illustrator? My intention is to 'paste' an artwork created in Illustrator and apply a brush on the lineart. Let's say that I have created an artwork with a 1pt stroke in Illustrator and I would like to apply on that stroke a Photoshop brush.

I know it's posibble in Photoshop to apply a brush on a path created within Photoshop but here the intention is to import a whole lineart from Illustrator and apply a Photoshop brush. Do you know how to do it? Your help is much appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance for giving me a hand on this!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try copy paste?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Is not about just copy-paste. Is about 'copy' the file from Illustrator and 'paste' into the Photoshop artboard and then apply a Photoshop brush just on the stroke. Do you have any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I can do just that - when I paste (a copied complicated vector art shape from Illy) PS gives choices, I choose path, then applied a brush to it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah! It worked with a simple shape. I will try during my next artworks. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines