• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard Rotation while using touchpad for zoom in Illustrator 25.3

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, recently I faced a new problem. When I use the trackpad for zoom-in/out the artboard keeps rotating. I don't know how can I fix this problem.Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 23.27.43.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Thanks @Monika Gause 

@Amir Mahdi Moslehi you can also use Esc. key to reset the unintended rotation of canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this feature has caused. We are working on the feedback shared by all of you and will be sharing all the updates related to this issue on our UserVoice page ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43637925-canvas-rotation-feature-is-obstructing-regular-pin ).

Till the time it is fixed, please try one of the workarounds already shared on this post, i.e.:

• Press the Esc key.
  • Double click the Rotate View tool.
  • Press

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Anyone reading this today may be glad to know that updating to Illustrator 25.4 introduces this option in preferences:

Screenshot 2021-07-27 164829.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hi all, 

We have tried to address this issue in our latest release. Update 25.4.1 is live for all the countries. Please update Illustrator to the latest version to get access to this option (Trackpad Gesture to Rotate View).

SrishtiBali_0-1628011831408.png

Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future, we'd be happy to help.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Hi I solved this problem by going to macbook System Preferences> Track Pad >Scroll and Zoom > Rotate and uncheck rotate with two fingers .

Hope this helps if there isn't already another solution that i have missed. 

Jo 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 168 Replies 168
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click the rotating hand tool.

It looks like you cannot lock the angle of the canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Monika Gause 

@Amir Mahdi Moslehi you can also use Esc. key to reset the unintended rotation of canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, please implement a locking option for the rotation view. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much - been trying to straighten my artboard for a week!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, rama_ai!!! I've had this happen so many times and could never figure out how to straighten it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This rotation option has been driving me mad and I've been working on crooked artboards for too long now. The Esc key is a relief, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I get this problem very often. I was annoyed by it actually. You made my life easier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the ESC trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has me HEATED. I zoom in and out with my trackpad all day long with zero occasion for artboard rotation. ESC is the quickest way to reset the accidental rotation, but it also exists from full screen mode (which I work in.) So this new feature requires 4 or 5 keystrokes to correct, and return to my proper workstation. Adobe if you're listening please allow us to disable the trackpad rotation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rotate view tool In Illustrator Is very sensitive and I keep accidentily rotating the view In Illustrator when Im not even trying too. All I want to do Is zoom In and out, but I have to zoom In and out extremely carefully or else I set off rotate view and the view rotates. I dont want the view to constantly rotate whenever I try to zoom In or out and I don't see myself needing to use this feature anytime soon, so Is there a way I can disable It or turn It off?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Photoshop has a gesture that you can disable  Solved: How do I lock rotation view in Photoshop? - Adobe Support Community but I don't know of a rotate view option in Illustrator. I'm trying to do what you describe but I can't do that in Illustrator.

ā€” Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rotate view tool was added in 25.3.

Tracy, can you tell us what hardware you are using? I've seen people mention this a lot but as I can't enable that particular gesture on my machine, I can't test it.

It may be possible to disable the rotate gesture in your system settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that explains it... I have not received that update yet. I've checked and restarted my Creative Cloud app but it's not available to me yet. Maybe Adobe's doing a staggered release.

ā€” Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update I am on for Adobe Illustrator Is 25.3, I noticed that I did not have the rotate view tool until the most recent update. Im not sure where In my settings I would be able to disable this feature though, Ill have to look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using pich-zoom on a touchpad when the unwanted rotation occurs? What hardware are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same issue and i'm on a MacBook Pro M1.

The rotation is kinda anoying when it happends by accident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug, 

Yes I'm using the pinch zoom on my Macbook's touchpad when the unwanted rotation of the view occurs. I have a Macbook Pro 13 Inch from 2017 and I am on the macOS Catalina update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment all I can think of is disabling the rotate gesture in your system preferences. This screenshot is from OS 10.13 but I imagine Catalina is similar:

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 17.24.05.jpg

In Photoshop, this was worked around with a preferences option to disable multi-touch gestures. I don't know if they'll do the same for Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!!! Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. This worked. Silly that it isn't native to the app though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BLESS YOU. Agree though, this should be native to the app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! What poor design flaw. Now, will Adobe please switch the shift key back to it's original constraint use in Photoshop? Love your apps guys but you keep throwing in the least sensical crap into said beloved apps. 

XO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

On a Macbook Pro 16-inch 2019... keep setting off the rorate while working on my Trackpad and it's incredilby hard to bring the view manually back to 0.00 degrees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines