• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard Rotation while using touchpad for zoom in Illustrator 25.3

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, recently I faced a new problem. When I use the trackpad for zoom-in/out the artboard keeps rotating. I don't know how can I fix this problem.Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 23.27.43.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Thanks @Monika Gause 

@Amir Mahdi Moslehi you can also use Esc. key to reset the unintended rotation of canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this feature has caused. We are working on the feedback shared by all of you and will be sharing all the updates related to this issue on our UserVoice page ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43637925-canvas-rotation-feature-is-obstructing-regular-pin ).

Till the time it is fixed, please try one of the workarounds already shared on this post, i.e.:

• Press the Esc key.
  • Double click the Rotate View tool.
  • Press

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Anyone reading this today may be glad to know that updating to Illustrator 25.4 introduces this option in preferences:

Screenshot 2021-07-27 164829.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hi all, 

We have tried to address this issue in our latest release. Update 25.4.1 is live for all the countries. Please update Illustrator to the latest version to get access to this option (Trackpad Gesture to Rotate View).

SrishtiBali_0-1628011831408.png

Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future, we'd be happy to help.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Hi I solved this problem by going to macbook System Preferences> Track Pad >Scroll and Zoom > Rotate and uncheck rotate with two fingers .

Hope this helps if there isn't already another solution that i have missed. 

Jo 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 168 Replies 168
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Worked with the shift pressed together with the rotate view tool. Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to work on a new project and I just rotating the canvas but I'm not clicking R or anything to rotate. But now I can't change it back to straight. How do I change it back without starting over and keep it from happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset the rotation by double-clicking the rotate view tool in the toolbar, choosing reset from the view menu, or using the contextual tool controls in the bottom left of the screen:

Screenshot 2021-07-06 133443.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or use the Escape key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It keeps rotating by accident and I absolutely hate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Apparently, is not possible to disable the Rotate View feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, maybe I just haven't found this yet, but is there a tool that will allow me to suppress or lock the rotate view feature? The new mac book pro's have a trackpad that is so large that it is almost impossible to navigate the artwork without accidentally knocking it into a 5-15 degree tilt..... If this doesn't exist, I hope it gets added asap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that's the only answer right now:

pixxxelschubser_0-1625080284535.png

Hi.

Apparently, is not possible to disable the Rotate View feature.

By @pixxxelschubser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please fix. its annoying, it happens every time i need to zoom or move the canvas (NOT ROTATE), its preventing my workflow and this is just about the last straw before i cancel my membership and switch to afinity. no one asked for this. i've never needed this feature nor will i ever need this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that this should be a preference setting that we can turn off. "Trackpad rotate gesture rotates view"?

In the meantime, if you are using a mac, and don't use rotate gesture in other apps, you can turn it off in system preferences > Trackpad > Scroll & Zoom:

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 10.41.45 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this feature has caused. We are working on the feedback shared by all of you and will be sharing all the updates related to this issue on our UserVoice page ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43637925-canvas... ).

Till the time it is fixed, please try one of the workarounds already shared on this post, i.e.:

• Press the Esc key.
  • Double click the Rotate View tool.
  • Press Cmd + Shift+1 (Mac) or Ctrl+Shift+1 (Windows).

We hope that a permanent fix will be available soon. Please stay tuned for updates and thanks in advance for your patience. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Key commands definately help! I hope there will be an option to lock this feature soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the nicely framed question and helpful answers. I did this on accident with my trackpad too, in my normal workflow.... After reading the asnwers here I immediately went and disabled this feature. Now hoping that things like this are not auot-enabled in Preferences in the future lol it's very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, im using macbook. I accidentally turned a document (with two fingers on the touchpad). now I сant rotate to 0 degrees, maximum I can rotate ~5 degrees. couldnt find anything about it on the internet 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset the rotation by hitting the Escape key, double-clicking the rotate view tool in the toolbar, choosing reset from the view menu, or using the contextual tool controls in the bottom left of the screen:

Screenshot 2021-07-06 133443.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, im using macbook. I accidentally turned a document (with two fingers on the touchpad). now I сant rotate to 0 degrees, maximum I can rotate ~5 degrees. couldnt find anything about it on the internet 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Odilbek5FEB  This is how I've been fixing it. Type 0 in there:

.Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 2.55.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not making a lot of sense to me why Adobe supports the community.adobe.com forums, the uservoice platform, the Slack channel and for now the prerelease forums - there are too many places to track down what's being posted about the issues. Time for consolidation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's any consolation, I completely agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dislike this new tool. I spend more time readjusting my board after I accidentally rotate my artwork with trackpad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth on my system 2018 iMac/Big Sur/Apple trackpad: it appears there is a system wide difficulty in recognizing pinch/zoom/rotate on the Apple trackpad - it's difficult to employ rotating in a similar way even in the Apple Maps app. What Apple does get right is that when rotating there's a 'snap to standard view' employed when rotating so at least there's that. This is suggested along with a lock feature for those who don't want to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding another voice to the thread... My work day was SO much longer because of this update. I have designed with great ease and success for years with my Mac Book Pro but today was a doozy. Please, please, please make an option to turn this rotation feature off. The number of times today I corrected the artboard orientation was absurd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to be able to lock and unlock the rotate view with shortcuts too, so that I wouldn't need to go into menu settings to change it. In the meantime I have set up a personal shortcut cmd + shift + 0 for reset view rotation, that way I can fit to screen the active artboard and reset rotation with two very quick shortcuts. Shouldn't need to though!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be fixed soon. Many tools in illustrator must suggest on/off option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please remove or provide a lock this is slowing me down so much its extreamly irrritating 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines