• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard slitly resized when creating a new

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a new artboard and specify the dimensions to ex 122x178mm, the drawing surface becomes 122,0011 x 178,0011mm. It's not a big problem but annoying. It started after the last update.

I Have a Mac and illustrator 24.1

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Thank you. Found the solution in one of those threads.
deselct use old interface for new document (Under general setings) and use the new interface when creating a documen and the "error" doesn appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this is connected to my issue which was resolved. I wasn't able to enter exact measurements to draw rectangles or objects. So, I did what Monika Gausse suggested and under Preferences, General, deselected "Use Preview Bounds".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not the Use Preview Bounds selected still get the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can replicate that, the new document dialog accepts the 122 x 178 mm, but double clicking the artboard tool shows the 122,0011 x 178,0011mm. 

I saw this also when creating an A4. There are some thrads about precision in the recent 24.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Found the solution in one of those threads.
deselct use old interface for new document (Under general setings) and use the new interface when creating a documen and the "error" doesn appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution. If i deselct use old interface for new document (Under general setings) and use the new interface when creating a document it gives me correct mesures. But as soon as i select use old inteface i get the 4 decimals.

So If you also have this just deselct the use old interface.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines