• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attribute data-name fetches error message in epub

Enthusiast ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using SVG images in an epub I'm working on. I'm using the software program Sigil to create the epub, and I check it for errors with a program called Pagina E-PUB Checker.

Everything looks fine when I preview my epub in Apple Books, so I was surprised to discover that all my images fetch errors when I check my epub in Pagina. Here's the error message:

Error while parsing file: attribute "data-name" not allowed here; expected attribute "alignment-baseline", "baseProfile" (followed by a LONG list of attributes that are presumably OK)

If I click on an image in Sigil, it reveals the source code:

<svg id="Circular_Reasoning" data-name="Circular Reasoning"

Someone told me all I need to do is delete data-name="Circular Reasoning".

But before I start fixing them, I just want to try and understand the bigger picture. Is the data-name property something unimportant that I can delete in my images, regardless of where I use them (e.g. epug, website, etc.)? Also, if it needs to be deleted, is there a way to delete it by default?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Data names are reserved for readable meta data fields, i.e. text in archival/ library systems for indexing/ search purposes. Unless you expect your book to become part of such a system you should not have to worry too much.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Data names are reserved for readable meta data fields, i.e. text in archival/ library systems for indexing/ search purposes. Unless you expect your book to become part of such a system you should not have to worry too much.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines