• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto brightness/dimming in apps?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that when Illustrator is open, my screen brightness changes.

This seems to happen whenever the overall "brightness" of the images displayed on the screen change. For example, if I zoom out from my image,

a majority of the screen is grey due to the program background, and my screen fades to a noticeably darker brightness. If I zoom in on a darker section of my image,
it becomes even brighter. I've had a look through the options but couldn't see anything that would help with this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Check 3rd party Apps, like computer performance settings apps. In my case, I've had the same issues like You, but on my desktop computer and using MSI X Boost App for overclocking. When I turned off this app everything went to normal. Also, You can change adaptive brightness settings if u are using a laptop with an ambient light sensor.

Best regards,
Gregbike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an OS function so look there. Something like System Preferences>Display or Brightness/Contrast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of those options, but nothing.

It happens only in illustrator and Photoshop andnd it changes everything on screen also desktop background and it goes normal when I close or minimise.

I have dell u2515h monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your Color Management settings synced using Bridge? Sounds like you might be using a monitor specific profile instead of a universal one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem. It only happens with Adobe's  software, not with any web browser or other application. Just Adobe's glorious software. I have my auto-brightness unchecked on my laptop, too. Affinity Publisher can't come soon enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check 3rd party Apps, like computer performance settings apps. In my case, I've had the same issues like You, but on my desktop computer and using MSI X Boost App for overclocking. When I turned off this app everything went to normal. Also, You can change adaptive brightness settings if u are using a laptop with an ambient light sensor.

Best regards,
Gregbike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was going crazy!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Greg, you really saved my life, I was going nuts. I don't remember when I installed the MSI x boost, this fu*** software was causing all that issue. You have no idea what I've done to try to solve, and no one in the Google search talked about that. Everything they talk is about disabling the dimmer from power menu, going to regedit to change some value, use the intel or Radeon soft to disable auto-dim, no one no how to do that on Nvidia, and bla bla bla..... Then I saw your answer!! You are a genius! Really really thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! ♥ MSI software was going to ruin my day, you saved it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched for days and tried tweaking everything until I ran across this post.  Thankfully I did too because removing MSI X-boost worked immediately!  I was really starting to get angry with the color fading in and out constantly.  Thank you Gregbike!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God bless you. My MSI x boost was working fine, but today after power blackout brightness went crazy. Turning it off helped me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

idk if i just don't have it, or if i can't find it. i just got my laptop and i haven't had too much of a problem with this until now (switching between dark and light tabs/apps). think you could help me out?
it's an hp omen with nvidia 1660 ti if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is still struggling with this problem like me, on Asus TUF you can try AMD Radeon Software - Display and disable Vari-Bright. Immediately solved the problem I struggled with for half of the year !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot ana_insomnia. You are a life saver. I thought that my new laptop got complaint. I was in a mood to return the product. when I disabled the vary bright in Amd radeon the problem solved.Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks..............................................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an account just so I can comment on this. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pleasure 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Havind the same problem but I dont have MSI X Boost installed. 
Do we know what the problem with MSI X Booster is? Maybe knowing the real problem its easier for each one to associate it with some other app/function/configuration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's some sort of performance tool. I had to get rid of Norton Utilities, which is also a performance tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CCleaner. Do you think it could be the cause in my case? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably. It seems like the same type of tool. See what happens when you uninstall it and restart your computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, it worked! Thanx!

I'd really like to know what the real problem is with this kind of programs.
I think I'll go and spread the word across all the forums that have this topic/disccussion going on since Adobe don't seem to care.

Thanx again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it worked. Take care!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, you saved my life ... i was frustrated for months. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It has only shown in the last few weeks with adobe update. When I zoom in, the images go more grey and dark, zoom out, light again. It has been horrible when using Photoshop as I work on getting a perfect white in the background of an image, I can't tell if it's white or grey. This is only happening in adobe apps.

I have investigating my screen settings, display settings, it does not appear to be a problem with my monitor.

Type of computer:  HP Omega

Type of monitor: Asus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off MSI Boost solved my screen dimming problem also.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines