• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG? Properties Panel Width is suddenly fixed - can't change it

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of Illustrator. All of a sudden, I'm not able to change the width of the Properties Panel, which I have previously been able to do. I can change the width of other panels, i.e, brushes, swatches, etc., but not the Properties Panel. Is this a new bug? I am hoping there is a work-around or that Adobe can fix it. I've searched this site and see that in 2018 this was also a problem. Help!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

I just tried with CC2019  and can't change the width of the properties panel. Not all panels can be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

As far as I can see the Properties panel has never been adjustable like you seem to remember.

Which version of Illustrator are you referring to? Which version did provide it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried with CC2019  and can't change the width of the properties panel. Not all panels can be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can see the Properties panel has never been adjustable like you seem to remember.

Which version of Illustrator are you referring to? Which version did provide it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same as Monika and Kurt, why do you want to make it wider? 

Or is something wrong with the width on your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out I was mistaken. I record tutorials, and always make my panels the same width so as I switch between them, I don't have to recenter my artboard. That was possible because I scale the resolution of my display to the largest setting possible. With that setting, the Properties Panel is wide enough that I can move the Brushes, Layers, Swatch, etc. Panels to match its width. After closer examination, I realize I was changing the OTHER panels rather than the Properties Panel. I didn't realize the scaled resolution made the difference, so when I was in the default resolution setting last night and couldn't make all my panels the same width, I assumed it was a bug (or a random setting that needed to be changed). Fortunately, when I increase the display setting, it works perfectly - just as it had before. I'm once again a happy camper. Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines