Exit

Can't create a new file or open existing one

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 20H2 19042.610

<crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION"

Hello, couple of days ago Illustrator had stopped working. It works under another created Windows user or enabled hidden admin user just fine,but it's not convinient.

On my main account I tried everything:

1) Deleted and reseted Illustrator settings

2) Updated graphic card drivers and Windows

3) Reinstalled and Updated Illustrator to 2021

4) Gave every permission to every adobe folder possible

Still can't create a new file or open existing one.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Hi Tatiana,

Sorry to hear about this. I see you have performed troubleshooting which didn't help. You may try using Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the existing installation of the app & reinstall once done.

If it does not help, I'd request connecting with Adobe technical support(https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html). Please click on the chat icon on the page to begin the conversation. Team here will be able to perform remote troubleshooting on your machine & help accordingly. Hope it he

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tatiana,

Sorry to hear about this. I see you have performed troubleshooting which didn't help. You may try using Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the existing installation of the app & reinstall once done.

If it does not help, I'd request connecting with Adobe technical support(https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html). Please click on the chat icon on the page to begin the conversation. Team here will be able to perform remote troubleshooting on your machine & help accordingly. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines