• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open a pdf!

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to open pdf with illustrator, but it ask me to ignore / replace / and something else.

Why??? Before opening the program I got this report:

"The current version of your Intel display driver may cause performance and stability issues. It is strongly recommended that you update to driver version 100.9168 or later." Has it anything to do with this?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will happen if the original file had linked images that are not available now. You will need to use Replace to relink to the image(s). If you no longer have them, you can use Photoshop to extract them from the PDF, and then relink to them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... I should open the pdf in photo shop and save the jpg files from the pdf... But when I replace the images. I can see nothing but the replaced images. The rest of the file has gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What @SJRiegel meant is to extract the images from the PDF using Acrobat.

There's a few ways to do this, but if you have a bunch, this might be up your alley:

Open in Acrobat: select Edit PDF.

Click each image and right-click to select "Edit in .. Photoshop.

Resave as a new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Doing it right now. But there is a problem: When I choose an image from the pdf, it doesn't take the whole image with very light shadow, but cuts the shadow away...  I double checked that there is no extra image below the image. Do I need to adjust something to get the whole image out? See the chosen dog image belowchihuahua shadow.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shadow looks to have been an effect added over the image, not part of the image. 

Recovering when linked files were not kept can be a difficult task, at least there is something in the PDF portion that is sometimes useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, it is not added effect but included in the original image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking of using Photoshop directly to extract the the files: The photoshop Open dialog for a PDF should offer a choice between Pages and Images. If you chose Images, you are presented with a panel that shows each of the embedded images contained in the PDF. You can then choose which ones to open. Once you have saved the images, they can be relinked to the file in Illustrator
Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 7.01.21 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed... I actually had forgotten about that way, as I persoanlly tend to be looking for that "one" image, so tend to just do it "the old fashioned" way. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I can do this. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines