Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't resize art board

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Big Sur using illustrator ver 25.2

Once I create a large artboard it won't let me resize it larger. I am unable to copy and paste large file that would normally fit my artboard that I had created so I decided to make my artboard wider and it wouldn't let me do that. Note my original art I was trying to copy was 52" x 104" it wouldn't let me copy it to the new artboard so I was going to resize the artboard to 200" x 104" figuring it would allow me to copy on to it. But it wouldn't allow me to resize it. Please see attached screen shots. I need to get all my bug issues fixed ASAP as it is hindering my work and I am unable to find workarounds till Adobe does the fix. This is URGENT! Please fix

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 11.02.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 11.01.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 11.01.28 AM.png

   

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resizing that artboard to 200" would take it outside of the pasteboard bounds (perhaps you saw a message to this effect).

You have a couple of options:

1. Make a new document with an artboard the size you require.

2. Move that artboard to the far left corner of the pasteboard so that it has room to resize.

For reference, the maximum area in a normal Illustrator file is 227 inches square. If you require one larger than this, you must create a new document -- this will enable a 'large-sized' canvas/pasteboard (scaled up by a factor of 10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines