• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot move handles on objects; handles disappear; increment settings not working.

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am suddenly having an issue with Illustrator not letting me move handles except in large increments and sometimes will not move and just delete the handles. Same thing is happening with the points and smart guides. 

Bounding box is on. I have tried restarting Illustrator and my laptop. I have tried changing Preferences keyboard increments to 0.001 pt, but it is not changing (seems to be stuck on 1 pt even though it shows 0.001 pt). Free Transform Tool isn't working either. I am at a loss and it is taking me forever to edit a project by using the X and Y coordinates in the Transform Panel.

Any ideas? I have never had anything like this happen in Illustrator before. I uploaded a video of the issue.

Thank you so much for your help!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

What are your snapping settings? If you get the selection tool and deselect everything, then look in the properties panel, try disabling all snapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your snapping settings? If you get the selection tool and deselect everything, then look in the properties panel, try disabling all snapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Snap to pixels enabled, and that was the issue! Thanks for you help. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines