• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open EPS files in illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running illustrator CS6 16.0.4 on an iMac (new). I get the following error when trying to open some EPS files "can't open this illustrator file. the file was generated with a newer version of illustrator and cannot be opened. Please resave in a format compatible with your version of illustrator". As far as I can see I am running the latest version of illustrator and have updated everything that is available. I am having to get the files resaved in older versions to open

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How often it should be said again:
Apple Preview is not a program that should be used in any case of imagination to edit or to convert EPS or PDFs. It is crap.

If someone needs to convert an EPS to PDF he should use Adobe Acrobat Distiller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, at this moment the best solution I found is using a free online file converter https://cloudconvert.com/eps-to-eps to reconvert the EPS to EPS or to SVG, and I was able to open and edit the new file on Illustrator. I have a lot of EPS files, so I can't just stop using them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import in Indesign. Export as EPS. Then open in Illustrator again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dennis3000  schrieb

Import in Indesign. Export as EPS. Then open in Illustrator again.

Just creating a new Illustrator file and then placing the EPS will be quicker. But let's hope the original question has been solved by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi i m using illustrator 2019 when  i save as eps its not open 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines