• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2018 bug - applying swatches to groups, and eyedropper errors

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really hard to describe, so please bear with me. (screenshots at the end if those help)

I'm having a few issues with Illustrator associated with colors and groups/text objects

GROUP COLOR:

When I try to select a group or even a text object and apply a new swatch/color to it, it applies the color underneath all of the individual objects. So if my group is made up of three red lines, and I select the group and change the color, it will show in the window that they are green, but the objects themselves are red still, and you can see a faint green outline around them as if there is a green version of them underneath.

Same thing happens with text.

Then if I isolate the group into individual objects, I see that each object is still its original color.

EYE DROPPER:

Same thing happens with the eyedropper. Or even in some cases, it's picking up the color of the guide and applying that instead of the object color.

And if it does pick up the right color, it applies it to the whole group at once, as if the individual lines are transparent and overlapping, even if they have a fill and are on top of each other. And each object still has it's original color when you select it. (so it's like in this case it's going on top of the object rather than behind it)

(Also, even though everything is turned on correctly, it no longer picks up appearances, just color. but I feel like this is so minor compared to the other errors I hesitate to even mention it)

really really bizarre, and extremely frustrating.

I'm running Illustrator CC 2018 on Apple OX X El Capitan, Version 10.11.4. This only started happening yesterday, and there weren't any software updates then or anything.

I've been waiting to update the OS until they resolve their "root" glitch, so I'm hoping that's not it.

Anyone have any ideas???? I'm baffled.

SCREENSHOTS

original drawing, with colors

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 3.50.48 PM.png

color overlap error after applying new swatch, note the faint white outline around the object

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 3.51.00 PM.png

color overlap error, see how it's saying that stroke is still white??

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 3.51.07 PM.png

eyedropper error, and color error, note how the objects have a fill and should be hiding parts of the other objects (like in example above)

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 3.52.38 PM.png

please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a similar thread couple of days ago where it came to the conclusion that when applying color to a group, Illustrator CC2018 always applies a new fill to the group instead of applying the color to the individual objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting. Yeah I poked around but couldn't find any other threads, sorry for the duplicate.

Are there any talks from Adobe of fixes for the issue? Or work arounds as we wait for them to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. This is the thread Why am I having to ungroup for eyedropper tool or selecting a swatch to apply color now?

I was lucky to find it.

Don't know when it will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! happy to know it's not just me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zacrizy,

I saw you had already posted on the bug report page for this issue, but you can stay up to date on a resolution for it on the page as well: eyedropper tool – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

If anyone else if having issues with this error, please vote and comment on that bug report page. The product team will be investigating and let you know of any fixes for the issue there.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's only been 20 months since this post … why was I expecting that it would have been fixed by now??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines