• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Checkboxes are back in town! 8/2022

Valorous Hero ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometime around CS6, I believe checkboxes were broken in Illustrator's ScriptUI ListBox controls and we had to start working around with this using images for list-items, or unicode symbols an prepending to text.

Now with the latest update, in addition to making all buttons have a non-rounded border (I JUST got used to the rounded border on all buttons, why ?), it looks like the checkboxes are back in ListBoxes!

They really work.

This is good news for me right now because I do have a list box as it happens, which needs both a checkbox and an image. Now I will be able to forget about all the checkbox work-arounds and simply use the control as normal.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads-up, @Silly-V. I'm very curious as to what's going on. Did Adobe update to new version of ScriptUI libraries, or fix some bugs? I'm surprised if it were either of those options.

- Mark

P.S. The square buttons gave me a big shock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got like 1% hopeful there would be something new so I had to check the scripting dictionaries. Not surprisingly, there are no scriptUI, javascript or illustrator scripting changes...just happy accidents, and sad accidents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Silly-V 

Thank you for an update.. 🙂

Ditto!, I also don't like square buttond. I think we are used to it because default buttons in application is rounded not square. 

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Native Dialogs like Recolor, Layer Options, File Info, etc still have Rounded Buttons, but in the Properties Panel, buttons seem Squarish? They are slightly rounded. New ScriptUI buttons on the other hand have such sharp corners it hurts to look at.

ai-26.4.1-squaredButtons.jpg

ESTK still renders rounded rectangle Buttons as usual

estk-roundedSquaredButtons.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's exciting, something broken back to working is always exciting 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines