Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choosing the GPU

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

a friend of mine is starting a course of illustration. From the school they said that she will use Illustrator and Photoshop. I don't know anything about this; she neighter. We are not expert of PC as well, but of needing to choose a new PC (will be a notebook, also if both we are sure that a tower is better). First think I did it was going on the Adobe website looking for which GPU is requirest. From the list of NVIDEA, Intel, AMD, nothing is fitting the list of GPU installed on the notebook that ours favourite shop has aviable. ex:

list from adobe

• NVIDIA serie Quadro K
  • NVIDIA Quadro 6xxx
  • NVIDIA Quadro 5xxx
  • NVIDIA Quadro 4xxx
  • NVIDIA Quadro 2xxx
  • NVIDIA Quadro 2xxxD
  • NVIDIA Quadro 6xx
  • NVIDIA serie GeForce GTX (4xx, 5xx, 6xx, 7xx, 9xx, Titan)
  • NVIDIA serie Quadro M
  • NVIDIA serie Quadro P
  • NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000.

but on the shop we have

NVIDIA Geforce MX230,330,350

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060Max-Q,2060,2070

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050,1650,1650Ti,1660Ti

NVIDIA GeForce MX110,250

NVIDEIA Quadro P3200

So first question is if anyway we can work with any GPU without any problem, and if NVIDIA serie QuadroM it is the same of Serie MX...

Than, for the PC itself should have 8 or 16GB of RAM? And how much RAM needs the GPU?

For what she needs it's a PC not low level neigher super professional. She is going to attend this course and ofc  if she likes in future we can upgrade the power of the tools; right now we need something good for start and enought powerfull to supports eventually something else she wants try or discover.

Thanks

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Irrelevant. Those lists on the Adobe site are hopelessly outdated and highly inaccurate, i.e. as useless as an udder on an ox. Any reasonably contemporary graphics card will outperform any of the older listed Quadro models, anyway. Other than that the old "Be sensible!" Rule applies: An older GTX 1600, meaning the second last generation will still be plenty both for AI and PS as at this point they don't even use any of the fancy RTX functions and even if they did, chances are you as neophytes wouldn't use them or not notice if something worked slightly differently and the programs ran their stuff slower on the main CPU instead of the GPU. Similarly, unless you do crazy 3D stuff or work on extensively large artwork on a 4k monitor, where enough juice in the GPU would matter, all basic functions can be accommodated with such an older model running on 4GB or 6GB VRAM. Naturally on a notebook you would have to way the power consumption and heat against practical issues, anway, just like on a stationary computer you'd have to weigh things like fan noise as well. So there's be little point in over-speccing your machine if during daily work it gets on your nerve or you have to put it in the fridge to keep it cool. System memory/ RAM is cheap these days, so 16 GB should be a total no-brainer. That's technically something like 60 Euro price difference at the moment compared to 8 GB. So in summary you should be safe with pretty much anything that "serious" work notebooks or small desktop machines in the 700 to 1000 Euro/ Dollar range have on board, barring specific issues we could only advise on if we knew the exact model you plan on buying.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Mylenium,

you exactly see my point. Yes, this is was my fear: heating and noise due to the fun! My personal notebook is a 16GB(without GPU)and if I play a bit start to heating as crazy and the noise it is incredible......ok, but can you suggest me 3 or 4 of this?

NVIDIA Geforce MX230,330,350

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060Max-Q,2060,2070

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050,1650,1650Ti,1660Ti

NVIDIA GeForce MX110,250

NVIDEIA Quadro P3200

so I can buy one of them?

Thanks a lot

Vito

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines