• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipping mask making everything just disappear

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a gear have that nice mettalic shine using the clipping mask, but everytime I make the command the whole thing just dissapears.  I am using the pen tool to make 4 triangles with different shades of grey. I then group the triangles, put a radial blur on them and place them under the gear that I created.  I select them all and do the clipping mask command, but instead of it being a gear with that radial shine, the whole thing disappears except for the outline of the triangle.  HELP!!!  I'M STUCK AND I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING (except the right thing)!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Zypp  schrieb:

I can't apply the color as I'm using a custom gradient. Any tricks for that? 

This thread is 7 years old and has 2 pages. 

Please create a new one, describe your problem and show screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually when everything dispaears then what you intended to use for a clipping mask, is not what happened. Your top most object in the selection is used for the clipping mask.

I fill my clipping mask with a dummy color, to confirm I have my layering correct, the color goes away after the mask command. You can also clean up your document by putting only what you wnat to mask, along with the clipping mask on a new layer, then hit the round button after the layer name to select all in the layer, and mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines