Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CMYK Colors Keep Reverting back to prior color

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator v 24.0 

I have my document color mode set to CMYK.

I'm trying to change the color black #000000 to a rich black using C=75%, M = 75% Y = 75% and K =100%.

When I make the changes and save the file, close it and reopen it, the file never gets saved with the updated values.  This is very frustrating.  What is causing this and how can I resolve it.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you specify your black? Black #000000 is an RGB black.

Do you use the Window menu > Color panel with the CMYK option to specify your rich black?

Do you save it to your Swatches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is your color management set up and which color profile is attached to the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.  I'm not sure how color management is setup or what profile is attached.  I'm not that familiar with Illustrator.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope that the issue can get resolved, but I also want to know why you'd want 325% black ink coverage? Most printers have a 280% ink coverage threshold for rich blacks. The inks will take longer to dry or have a chance of rub off if they are to heavy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines