• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors changing when importing from ipad to desktop

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem with Illustartor when importing ai files from iPad to desktop. I have a project done mostly on iPad, but when I open the same ai file on desktop, the colors change visibly. What could cause this? Is the color profile wrong on desktop? Which should it be, so it matches the colors on Illustrator on the iPad? Anyone else having the same problem?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention, the document is on CMYC mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the color numbers change?

If not, then it's just how the devices show color. You can't color manage an iPad, you could check out if your desktop system is set up  correctly, but if it is, then there's nothing you can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the color numbers change too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you turn on the warnings for mismatches and missing profiles in the desktop Illustrator Edit > Color Settings? Check what happens if you open a iPad file on the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it happens to me too. I haven't quite figured out why, and need to as I love working on the design on iPad and then go to the desktop to create the repeat design.  Then back to iPad to clean it up and save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Karen32118056q1fr  schrieb:

Yes it happens to me too. I haven't quite figured out why, and need to as I love working on the design on iPad and then go to the desktop to create the repeat design.  Then back to iPad to clean it up and save.

Can you please turn on the warnings as advised by Ton?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines