• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors not looking right. I'm in RGB and haven't touched any color settings otherwise.

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color on the right is what I'm trying to use. But when I pull that image into Illustrator (left) the color is off. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 9.55.34 AM.png

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open a PNG file in Illustrator, Illustrator ignores the color profile and assumes the RGB working space profile, which can result in a different color.

Open the image in Photoshop and save it in a file format that can include a color profile like .psd, .tiff or .jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I'll try that. But even if I take the HEX code from a Google Doc and enter it in Illustrator the colors still don't match. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hex codes are RGB colors, as long as you tell an application which RGB you mean by these numbers (by telling which profile has to be used) you can get a predictable color, no profile and the color can be anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yea, that's the problem I'm having. The colors aren't predictable or consistent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may be useful to setup your color settings for your workflow: Edit > Color Settings and choose a Settings preset.

Also useful to learn a little about color management (it may seem complicated at first (and it actually is)):

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/keeping-colors-consistent.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/color.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines