Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour Libraries don't match artboard

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I am having an issue with my colour libraries. My document is set to RGB, but the colour that I see on color.adobe.com matches the colour in my library panel. However, it does not match the swatch that goes down on my artboard. It is driving me crazy. Help would be appreciated.

I have attached two screenshots: one of a library on color.adobe.com and one of my illustrator with the same theme and the main "blue" applied to a circle.

Sorry for the "colour" everywhere, I am Canadian.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Adobe Color is not collor managed. Please use the Window > Color Themes  in Illustrator, which recognizes your color settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

This is because you are using CMYK in color.adobe.com

carlosgarro_0-1623514503888.png

Try to create an RGB color harmony to match your document color mode.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it in CMYK and RGB colour space in Illustrator. No difference. The colour still comes out as purple instead of blue. But thanks for the input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Color is not collor managed. Please use the Window > Color Themes  in Illustrator, which recognizes your color settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this out, the same result. It is blue in the "colour themes window" and very purple on the artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create the profiles from scratch using the "Colour Themes" window, then the colours work. If this was your original point, then thank you for the workaround. It is helpful, for today at least!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes the CMYK or RGB that Illustrator is expecting is not what the Adobe Color website is suggesting. 

Especially the CMYK is always wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines