Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continue to work on your projects with new Background Save and Export

Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continue working on your projects while Illustrator works on saving/exporting your document in the background. You are informed when the processes are complete. You can always check the progress of the save or file operation midway using the Progress button. 

NoteBackground save and export is supported for AI, PNG, and JPEG files only. 

background_saving.png

For more info, check these help articles: 

Saving an artwork

Exporting an artwork

Feedback and questions:  

Reply to this post to share your feedback on this feature, and any questions you have around using it. Our team of experts here will do their best to assist you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to do with script as well?

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since the latest download the app is regularly crashing, it isn't saving artwork and also become very slow. I am also getting so airobin files in the trash box, should these be deleted?

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is about a previous version. Please create a new thread.

Tell us your version and system and when the app is crashing.

Also: where do you save files? What kind of files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Illustrator performance inn the last year is the worst i remember , it consumes a huge amount of resources and crashes all the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When the AI robin is running it means Illustrator+AIRobin is using almost twice as much memory and filling my system data, meaning I can't run more than two adobe applications at once, can I redirect where the AIRobin is using the memory onto external harddrive (as you can with scratchdisks), how do I resove this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines