• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert all anchor points to corner points

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted on the other thread that relates to this question but i can see it looks like it's been answered so raising a new query in case the other gets missed. 

I would like to convert all anchor points to corner points in my document. I tried the select all - deselect one - convert suggestion, but it didn't work.

My document is comprised of a doughnut shape, divided into 365 wedge sections. Each wedge has 4 corners (so 1460 corners) I'm trying to convert all the corners of the wedges to handle free corners. When I try the suggestion to select all & deselect one then convert, I do this with a small group of the wedges, but only one or two of the anchors convert.

I have many corners to convert so need to find a more efficient way. I would like to try the script mentioned by Ton Fredericks but don't know how to download it or what format to save the script in to run it from AI.

Thank you very much for any help

TOPICS
Draw and design , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To run the script:  Copy it and paste it in a text file, then change the extension from txt to jsx.  Then, while your document is open in Illustrator and the path(s) in question are selected, go to File > Scripts > Other Script (Ctrl+F12).  Find your script and open it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sharona,

You could also consider the free Extend Handle script by 佐藤浩之 (Satō Hiroyuki) found in this bundle (along with many others),

http://shspage.com/aijs/en/

with the extend rate set to 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your Illustrator file (.ai)?

Sometimes there may be some (unknown) disruptive factors that may prevent the common and reliable ways to convert things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone, the solution to my particular problem was given to me on the other thread in the end converting all points to curve and then back to corner point (with one point in the group deselected) 

I am really grateful to know how to run a script pasting it into a text file though too! 

Really appreciate all your help, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines