• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating a rhinestone template

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if there is an ability/plug-in for illustrator cs5 to allow for creating a rhinestone template?  I make custom apparel and use illustrator to create the vector artwork.  When I need a design in rhinestones, I have to send out the art to have the template created (the template is the material with the holes in it where the rhinestones will be placed.) Rhinestone creation software lets you "place" the stones in the on screen design, choosing size of stone, etc.  and then allows that design to be sent to a cutter to cut the holes in the template. If I could do it in-house, it would save me some money.  I know there are plug ins that are compatible with CorelDraw, and there is stand alone software out there for apparel decorators, but I would rather not invest in more software if I could accomplish it in illustrator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

It would help if you posted a sample image to eliminate guessing about what you're needing.

Based on what I think you've described, you just want to draw shapes and then have them filled with an array of same-sized, uniformly-spaced circles.

This is one way to do that:

That's the basic idea. You could semi-automate this by recording the steps in an Action. With a little care, you could build yourself a template that would contain a few Graphic Styles and a few Actions for specific-size circles. Yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, if you ever need to do rihinestone letters, google dotted fonts.  I came across the fonts by accident while  looking for marquee letterrs for an invitation i was making for a hollywood theme party . I found a bunch that were free to download.  I  used my Cricut design space program to figure out the stone size. I just uploaded a circle and sized it to whatever stone size i was using. 

(link removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines