• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating round corner base on curves other than radius of a circle, like exponential curves?

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have the question poped up when I saw the new xiaomi logo.

(Lets not talk about if its looking nice here :v)

New%20Mi%20logo

If I would like to create round corner base on exponential math curves instead of circle radius,

how could I achieve this in Ai?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Unless you create a script that calculates the exact mathematical values and sets the positions and tangents of the anchor points accordingly, simply eyeball it. Each corner should not take more than three points and of course it would be useful to e.g. get Astute's mirroring plug-in to keep things symmetrical if you don't want to work with complex guides and numerical transforms...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless you create a script that calculates the exact mathematical values and sets the positions and tangents of the anchor points accordingly, simply eyeball it. Each corner should not take more than three points and of course it would be useful to e.g. get Astute's mirroring plug-in to keep things symmetrical if you don't want to work with complex guides and numerical transforms...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines