• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DO NOT DISTURB OPTION (NOT THE SAME AS TURNING OFF AUTO BACKUP)

Participant ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS POST IS NOT THE SAME AS THE OTHER, PLEASE PROVIDE A USEFULL SOLUTION INSTEAD OF LOCKING MY POSTS

Imagine that you are working on a painting. You get into the flow and things are looking good, then Adobe pops up an irrelivant window in the middle of you canvas. You have to stop immediately, read it, clisk something then TRY to get beack to where you were.

I NEED an option to not have ANY alerts or dialoug boxes popping up in the middle of my screen while I am working. 

This is very frustrating and effects my workflow in a negative way.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had a pop up appear after I've been working in an application. What specifically does the pop up say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get pop up alerts ALL THE time while I am working when I just want to work
They vary but none of them are anything that I care about when I am working.

I am asking for a DO NOT DISTURB option not trying to locate and disable specific functions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, Can you please tell me what settings you have that do not ever cause pop up dialougs or disruptions? That would answer my question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tobymikle 

please show us something, e.g. a screenshot of the pop-up message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your asking me for a list of pop up alerts? You know this happens, I have to prove it?

I simply want a DO NOT DISTURB option. [Abuse removed by moderator] they have MANY many pop up alerts and dialougs that are unecessary and disruptive.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- If I am off the artboard and it doesn't work I dont need it to explain and confirm I can see it didnt work
- If I export I do not need the program to alert me to come back and read that they have been exported and click ok
-If it is doing an autobackup I dont need that message across my artwork
-If the file is too large to backup I dont need to read and click ok, if its large and not able to back up I would understand, no need to talk to me about it in the middle of painting.
There are many many more, completely unecessary and disruptive pop ups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me. I wanted to help you.

Please don't talk to me like a little child!

Please show something - or not. That is your decision. You don't have to prove anything either. I just want to see what message(s) are disturbing and when they occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show you what I already explained.  you need screenshots of each of these to know what they are?;
[Abuse removed by moderator]

- If I am off the artboard and it doesn't work I dont need it to explain and confirm I can see it didnt work
- If I export I do not need the program to alert me to come back and read that they have been exported and click ok
-If it is doing an autobackup I dont need that message across my artwork
-If the file is too large to backup I dont need to read and click ok, if its large and not able to back up I would understand, no need to talk to me about it in the middle of painting.
There are many many more, completely unecessary and disruptive pop ups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First please be polite. This is a user-to-user forum and not run by Adobe employees. We are all volunteers here.

The specific auto backup and export prompts are managed in Preferences/File Handling.

"Save in Background" and "Export in Background" should be checked by default.

There is also an optionfor "Turn off Data Recovery for complex documents".

All of these should be on. If not, then check them all and relaunch Illustrator.

Each of the error pop ups like the artboard have a "Don't show again" option to click.

The user manages all of these settings. They are on by default. If they are unchecked - that means at some point you have turned these options off causing the popups to appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That person is saying they dont know what common pop up dialoge boxes are so should probably not be posting in a supoprt forum for this progeam.
I DO NOT want to disable auto save ONLY the pop up dailouges (your missing the point)
They don not all have "do not show again" Or I wouldnt have posted the problem
Again, you said you never get popups while working, Without disabling functionality, how do you haev it set up that there are no dialouges? It's not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're missing the point - if you have save in background checked, you should not be seeing progress dialogs over your artwork. The disk space warning can be resolved by either freeing up more space or redirecting in File Handling preference to a new location.

I have enough disk space for my backups - hence I dont get the warning that I am running out of disk space.

The pop ups you are getting are alerts warning you about possible issues that you need to address.

Ignoring them does not prevent them from returning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have save in background check YOU DO still get popups and dialouges. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU may be getting them, but you shouldn't.

Send a screenshot of the specific dialog box you are seeing when saving in background so we can assist you.

Stop insulting the moderators.

Help us help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobes last reported revenue for 2020 was 12.87 billion USD yet you provide thier customers with free customer support. I guess I shouldnt expect knowledgeable help since from ppl who support work for a multi billion dollar company for free.

415F5C7F-3DA1-423A-BE16-DA29C8611990.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been using Illustrator for over 20 years and know the program very well. I've even written the exams for expert certifications. So I do know what I am talking about. 

You seem to not want to take the simplest steps to help resolve your issues.

What you are describing is not normal and asking for a screen shot to elaborate on your issue is not an unreasonable request.

Insulting and berating the moderators and volunteers on this forum does not get you any closer to a resolution.

If you don't know how to capture or insert a screenshot, I'd be happy to send you some directions to assist you better.

If you want to complain about the knowledge of the experts on this forum, you can contact Adobe Customer Support directly via the chat pod on this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Be sure you are signed into your account on this page and the chat icon is in the lower right corner. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen in your various other posts that one alert you are getting is a warning that you do not have enough disk space to backup. You can select a new location for your auto backups with more space.

If you want a true "Do Not Disturb" option - you can request it here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will post it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer --join the club of "know nothings"!

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I don't know any of the pop-ups you describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to stop Adobe Illustrator from interrupting me in the middle of projects to tell me that its backing up or not backing or worse asking me to switch to the mous to go to the poped up dialoug box and click confirm or anything else that doesnt matter to me when I am working?

Bascially I want to work not get constantly interrupted, I know thats a strange concept to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the backup settings?

In Preferences > File Handling, turn on Save in Background. Or turn backups off entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont mind having backups, it helps. But to constantly tell me that its backing up or cant backup becouse of the filesize click ok AND OTHER error dialouges. Imagine trying to paint a portrait of someone, you finally get into the flow and things are looking good then Adobe pops some crap up oin the middle of your canvas that you have to read and inteact with. Wouldnt that be a terrible way to paint? What does Adobe think I need to be interrupted constandtly while I am working...???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean yeah I could disable every function but that still wouldnt stop the alert dialoug boxes. I NEED A OPTION TO RUN OFF ALL NOTIFICATIONS WHILE I WORK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've asked the same question/complain several times in various posts. Please focus on this thread.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/do-not-disturb-option-not-the-same-as-turning...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines