• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document goes into Outline mode, came up with a little box that said "Can't finish previewing."

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am having an issue with Illustrator.

I have a document that I was working on yesterday with no problem. This morning it went into Outline mode, and came up with a little box that said "Can't finish previewing." Then it switches to Outline mode.

Images in the document are lost.

Is there a way to set it back to standard mode so I can work with images again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Hi,

We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit Adobe Prerelease  and get the latest build for version 23.0.1

While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We believe it to be pixel preview mode that is not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happens to me, I'm using a MacBook Pro, for now it seems to work changing the preview mode to CPU (⌘E).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 freshly installed. On Macbook and Mac Pro.Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-17 um 17.21.36.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-10-17 um 17.15.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would need your help in getting this resolved. Can you please email us on sharewithai@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also sent an email to you. If you need any other test I will be happy to help!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here. It occurs on an apparently fashion way.

And it finally ended with an Illustrator Crash (report already sent to Apple and Adobe)

High Sierra here…

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-17 a las 20.09.53.pngCaptura de pantalla 2018-10-17 a las 20.13.44.pngCaptura de pantalla 2018-10-17 a las 20.13.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue...Open a file, make a couple of edits or move it around...and boom "Can't Finish Preview" error and then I can't open any documents because the system runs out of RAM Memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I have work to do - need an answer. Can I get rid of Ill CC 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Here.  This issue is happening so frequently and to so many users.  Obviously Illustrator CC 2019 was not ready for release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I'm getting the crash once every 20-30 minutes while working. No crash before updating. Totally unacceptable for a product I pay $50 a month for. Many of us depend on reliable software to meet deadlines and do our jobs. Please fix!

image.png

image1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem; never had this before updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem like others.

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

16gb ram

Upgraded to Illustrator CC 23.0 just the other day from prior version.

Will downgrade until this is resolved.

If you don't remember how to install previous versions, follow instructions from here: Install a previous version of any Creative Cloud application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

Lot of users are referring this issue.

Please go here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/35728720-new-update-v23...

To add you experience + VOTE in order to prioritise this bug

Also referred on this older post: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/33787180-can-t-finish-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the EXACT same issues.

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 11.37.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-18 at 11.37.28 AM.png

I've tried something and seems to be working for now.

Last half hour with no crashes (was crashing every 5 minutes or so before I tried this).

Here's what I did:

1. Unclicked/turned off the GPU Performance Box in preferences (my prefs had it ON/checked as default).

2. Quit Illustrator.

3. Restarted Illustrator.

4. Clicked the GPU Performance back on (I have animated zoom off).

Seems to have fixed it for now.

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 11.59.56 AM.png

UPDATE: Had the same error occur after about an hour.

Adobe PLEASE make this fix a TOP PRIORITY!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same! german version on windows. happens all the time. cannot work anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue has already been reported to our engineering team and we are working on it. Till then I would suggest to download CC2018 version and upvote this issue here: New update (v23) crashes Illustrator consistently with Can't finish previewing – Adobe Illustrator F...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit Adobe Prerelease  and get the latest build for version 23.0.1

While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same issue now with the new M1 Mac mini... Is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines