Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anybody tried it?

how about cs4?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been some posts about cursors being nearly invisible in Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like some first-hand reports on this as well.  CS6 and Mavericks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off a chat with Adobe support and I was told CS6 Design Premium is compatible.  Have not upgraded yet.

I've seen the disappearing cursor problem happen under ML as well.  Not sure it's specifically a Mavericks problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's good to know aside from the dissapearing cursor.

i'm not upgrading to mavericks myself, my computer is too old apparently. but my co-workers likely will even if i warn them not to do so yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

***Update****

Works fine now. The problem was with Vectorscribe Plugin. Once plugin is removed there is no problem with Illustrator CS6 on Mavericks.

-------------

Illustrator CS6 not working for me. Keeps crashing on startup, so far it won't get past the splash screen.

The rest of CS6 seems ok.

CS6 Web Premium

2012 15in Macbook Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iluustrator CC on Maverick kept crashing. Removed Phantasm plug-in and that fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even find "VectorScribe" in my plugins. Yet I am still ubale to open. It says I need to install Java SE 6 runtime. I hit install and then get a network error no matter what network I am on. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vectorscribe is a paid for add on for illustrator. If you haven't installed it then it won't be in your plugin folder, so no worries for you on that one.

the Java install worked ok for me, so, afraid I can't help you there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe says CC and CS6 should work on Mavericks, with a couple minor caveats:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1277928

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I don't have VectorScribe or any other 3rd party plugins. I've repeatedly tried the "install" but on Jave SE 6 runtime - I get a progress bar that says it's installing then it just goes away and I'm back where I started and still can't launch Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thte Java Update came down for me as a software update. Try checking for updates on OS X to see if you can get the Java Runtime update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just finished Mavericks install.  Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, Flash CS6, Dreamwearver CS6, InDesign CS6, Acrobat X Pro and Lighroom 5.2 all open fine for for me.  No crashing.

Will report if I see anything strange going one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the same problem on my Mac. Any solution for this? I have tried to update Java few times, but the request still comes out when trying to launch Illustrator…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved it! Just deleted and then re-installed Illustrator and all is well now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no plugins and I can't even open illustrator.  I've looked and looked but can find no solution.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2013 Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I've been getting my portfolio ready for an interview, upgraded to Mavericks yesterday, no Illustrator today. Paniced, beads of sweat broke out, heart palpitations, re-installed Illustrator - nothing!

Then read this discussion.

Working perfect now.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines