Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effect menu too big in Illustrator

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

at some point my Illustrator Effect menu has been oversized. I think it happened with some kind of shortkey by mistake. I attached pictures of the normal type menu and of the abnormal effect menu.

I have tried to change the UI-settings from preferences, but it has not helped. It only affects the normal menus in Illustrator. Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

This was solved by the 5th agent I talked to. Just switch the main display to the monitor, not the laptop screen. Not an issue anymore, but what a weird problem/solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not help. Changing UI-settings changes other menus, but not Effect-menu. I restarted my computer after the changes and nothing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a solution? This is happening to me and Adobe says both screens have to be at 100% which is absolutely absurd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @courtneyt9929325,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to Mike's suggestions, would you mind trying the following steps and see if that helps:

• Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall it from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

If this doesn't help us, would you mind confirming the exact version of Illustrator & OS?

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your prefs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes many times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can vote up on the existing issue on illustrator voice. I just voted and they do respond when they see activity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was solved by the 5th agent I talked to. Just switch the main display to the monitor, not the laptop screen. Not an issue anymore, but what a weird problem/solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines