• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export an SVG with grain texture

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ! I have learned recently a new method to add grain texture on my illustration. I want my output file was an SVG to use such as a design for a website. The method is to add a mask on a copie of the form, and to add gradient and grain fx on this mask. The problem is, when I export the file in SVG the layer with the mask have totally disappeared. If I try to export in SVG the layer with mask lonely is not working.

The goal:

baseMoulin-1.jpg

The result when I export in svg :

svg.png 

If you take time to read this, thank you very much !

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

When making an SVG, you are exporting code. So you can only create in Illustrator what the SVG specifications support. SVG supports alpha masking, but it looks like Illustrator cannot export it correctly.

So your only options seems tobe tocreate this by coding it, or to convert the whole thing into pixels and then of course make a feature request on Uservoice.

Please post feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Ok, I found a solution ! Illustrator export the mask, we can see the mask in the SVG code, but I think SVG not supports Superposition (in French, maybe layering in English) transparence mode. To counter that, we can adjust the opacity and color of the layer mask (image 2). 

The mask code in SVG :

mask.png

Image 2, modify the fill color and add opacity: %; :

useMask.png

the result:

result.png

Thank you for your reply !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When making an SVG, you are exporting code. So you can only create in Illustrator what the SVG specifications support. SVG supports alpha masking, but it looks like Illustrator cannot export it correctly.

So your only options seems tobe tocreate this by coding it, or to convert the whole thing into pixels and then of course make a feature request on Uservoice.

Please post feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found a solution ! Illustrator export the mask, we can see the mask in the SVG code, but I think SVG not supports Superposition (in French, maybe layering in English) transparence mode. To counter that, we can adjust the opacity and color of the layer mask (image 2). 

The mask code in SVG :

mask.png

Image 2, modify the fill color and add opacity: %; :

useMask.png

the result:

result.png

Thank you for your reply !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you could solve it and thank you for the added information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines