• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting AI Artboards as JPG or PNGs

Explorer ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried various ways to create JPGs and PNGs from AI artboards and each time I run into an issue. Here is what I have tried and what went wrong:

- Save for web: This seems to shift the content down and to the right slightly. You can see below the AI artboard on the left and then the exported JPG on the right, which has a thin white line on the top and left side.

AI-artboard-SaveForWeb.jpg

- Export for screens: The same thing as above happens.

- Open AI file in PS: When I open the AI file in PS, the Import PDF dialog box opens but is so slow and sometimes just freezes up entirely. It can take 20 seconds for the box to respond to my commands if at all.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Set your units as pixels.

Use Global Rulers.

Also make sure that your artboards have round pixel values for Width and Height and that the top left X Y values don't contain fractional pixels to avoid that extra pixels are added.

Check the Use Artboards option during Export > Export As...

Export at multiples of 72 ppi (144, 288, which is done by choosing 1x, 2x…) to avoid fractional pixel values that are rounded to a whole pixel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatr are the x/y values of your artboard? What resolution are you exporting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set your units as pixels.

Use Global Rulers.

Also make sure that your artboards have round pixel values for Width and Height and that the top left X Y values don't contain fractional pixels to avoid that extra pixels are added.

Check the Use Artboards option during Export > Export As...

Export at multiples of 72 ppi (144, 288, which is done by choosing 1x, 2x…) to avoid fractional pixel values that are rounded to a whole pixel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines