• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper tool missing

Participant ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue with the latest Illustrator update (25.1) on windows 10. 
My eyedropper tool is completely gone. When I go to edit the toolbar, the eyedropper tool does not show up in the list. I can't even use the keyboard shortcut to activate it. Screenshot 2021-01-12 115315.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

I can't upload their PDF file with instructions, so I'm uploading a jpg of it, and including the text from the workaround here.

The mentioned plugins reside in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2021\Plugins\
Esko\Data Exchange\Inspection Setup and C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe
Illustrator 2021\Plug-ins\Esko\Notes

EskoEyedropper-KBAS-315434651-270121-1721-5410.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To restore the Eyedropper tool as the default one in your InDesign, just open the program, without a document open. Then in your Tools bar, choose the eyedropper. it will stay as the default for future files you start. (Click on the big ID logo at left below the menu bar to open ID with no document).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in contact with Esko Support, if they come up with a solution, I'll pass along the information here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the best! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just informed by Esko Support that they have been able to duplicate the problem on one of their own machines. Support has now escalated the issue to the R&D department. (I'm assuming that means it is now with people able to manipulate the code as needed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, with Esko installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous! How on Earth you can lose an essential tool after updating your software? Not a cheap one for that matter. It's a couple of weeks now and nothing is fixed. The only option is to revert to older version. Adobe, fix it please! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you'll read some of the comments above, this is not an Adobe problem. This is an Esko plug-in problem. I'm in contact with Esko support and have a meeting later today to trouble shoot some things with their R&D department. 

If you are NOT running any Esko plug-ins in Illustrator, then I suggest contacting Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like I have to aplogize to Adobe and blame Esko instead. It's their DeskPack plug-ins which cause this annoying problem. Sorry Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, they have a work around that we've tested now on 3 different computers.

There will be a fix most likely in the next version. However, if you all want to help speed the process along, you can contact ESKO support and let them know that you're having the same problem. If they realise this is a universal issue, they may fix it faster.

The work-around is as follows.

1. Update to Illustrator 25.1 if you haven't already. (Test and see if the eyedropper tool disappears after opening, closing, and opening Illustrator 25.1. If it does disappear, close Illustator.)

2. Open a folder on your desktop, navigate to "This PC" then the Windows (C:) drive.
3. Got to Program Files -- Adobe -- Adobe Illustrator 2021 -- Plug-ins -- Esko -- Data Exchange -- Inspection Setup

4. Delete the .aip file in the Inspection Setup folder. (Should be just one file in there.)

5. Open Illustrator 25.1 (if in Basic view, you may need to navigate to the eyedropper tool in the "Modify:" section of All Tools then click and drag the tool where you want it on your toolbar).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't upload their PDF file with instructions, so I'm uploading a jpg of it, and including the text from the workaround here.

The mentioned plugins reside in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2021\Plugins\
Esko\Data Exchange\Inspection Setup and C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe

EskoEyedropper-KBAS-315434651-270121-1721-5410.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me - Thanks so much!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I received some new information from Esko. After drilling down on the issue, they found out it IS an Adobe bug!
Esko has developed the above workaround, and is putting something in their next update of the plugins as well. They also says that Adobe should be fixing the problem in one of the upcoming updates for Illustrator. 😃

It's funny, there's a dozen or more tools that I almost never use, and if they'd gone missing, I never would have know... Oh well, yay for having both my Regmark tool and the eyedropper tool available!

- Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't thank you enough for all your hard work on this. Is Adobe or Esko paying you? They should be! 🙂  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL! Right?! Next time I'll have to negotiate a good rate for myself.

BTW, the Illustrator 25.2 update seems to be working well, at least I haven't noticed anything disappearing, and I've closed and opened it a few times now. Hopefully Adobe fixed whatever they did that messed up some stuff for 3rd party developers. 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me too !!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!

I work with V25.3.1 and the Eyedropper tool disappearded too when I installed ESKO plug-in, you saved me !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem!
Thank you very much. This also works for 25.2.
Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm recently updated to 25.2 and the eyedropper tool is missing again!
I'll explore the ESKO plugin situation.. so funny that it's a very niche packaging situation..
Just wanted to post, as it is still happening! Thought I was going crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@My5C55 Were you able to find and delete the .aip file when you went to the Inspection Setup folder?
Found here--- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2021\Plugins\Esko\Data Exchange\Inspection Setup

If not, maybe this path will work. (I do not have a Notes folder on my computer, but maybe others do.)
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently updated to 25.2.1 and has Esko plugins installed. Yep, eyedropper tool is missing here too and shortcut doesn't work. Your solution worked for me.

I quited illustrator, removed InspectionSetup_WAI25r.aip from

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2021\Plug-ins\Esko\Data Exchange\Inspection Setup

and restarted illustrator.

Now Eyedropper is back even without resetting tools. 

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the solution! 

I just installed the Esko plugin the other day, and low and behold the eyedropper went AWOL.  Still.  July 20, 2021.

Although Esko claims it to be Adobe according to the rest of this thread, I'm guessing Adobe is blaming Esko!  So, nothing has beed fixed! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are awesome! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. It is a very important tool for it to be missing. It needs to be fixed ASAP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines