• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fit text to box?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm trying to copy and paste text into an Illustrator text field. But every time I do, the text extends beyond the field of my artboard. Is there a way to have the text constrain to the size of the text box? I've attached examples: one of where I copy and paste, and the second where I manually fit it. Thank you!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Select your Text tool, then on your artboard, click and drag an imaginary box and release. Then perform your paste. It should constrain the text within the imaginary text box you drew.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select your Text tool, then on your artboard, click and drag an imaginary box and release. Then perform your paste. It should constrain the text within the imaginary text box you drew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines