Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font corruption in browser after opening Adobe Illustrator file

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anybody is experiencing anything similar to my studio's problem.

In short, opening AI files causes fonts in a web browser to corrupt, as per the below screenshots:

Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 12.29.40.pngScreenshot 2021-03-17 at 12.31.09.png

This issue is affecting Catalina 10.15, Big Sur 11.2, Illustrator 24.3.

We also use Universal Type Client to manage fonts and have auto activation set when opening documents. We then set the AI preferences for UTC to close opened fonts when the document closes.

I've searched a number of times on the web for anybody with similar issues and can't find anything, so I'm hoping someone here see's this and has experienced similar.

For the Catalina based Macs we run UTC v7.0.5, for the Big Sur Macs we're running v7.0.7. Illustrator is all CC2020, with maybe some slight differences in versions.

Fingers crossed and thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Bug , Third party plugins , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you uninstall UTC and see if that fixes it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Monika Gause ,

Sorry for the time it's taken to come back on this.

So on one of the Catalina Macs, UTC was uninstalled and re-installed as part of a complete rebuild for a new user. This mac is running version 7.0.5 of UTC and experiences the font corruption.

On my own Mac which is running Big Sur, I uninstalled UTC, then opened an artwork in AI. I obviously had no font management for that artwork but also I didn't experience the font corruption in Firefox.

I have then reinstalled UTC up to the latest version of 7.0.10 and again opened some artwork files, and didn't have any font corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines