• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Illustrator 2021 Won't Load

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to Illustrator 2021 (Mac), the program just freezes on the loading screen

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling using the Creative Cloud app twice and also tried the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

Nothing has worked so far.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Hi all, 

We’re so sorry to hear about the inconvience this issue has caused.  There could multiple reasons why this would have happened. We have tried to consolidate the popular solutions that help in fixing these issues. Please try following these steps one by one and let us know how it goes:

Few users have confirmed that removing corrupt fonts has help them resolving these issues. Please try the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATED!! After two days of troubleshooting personally as well as with Adobe agents, I have come to realize what was causing my Illustrator 2021 to suddenly crash and literally be nonfunctional..... it's so simply... a font. Yes... it was the font I was using that illustrator did not agree with.

for everyone with the same issues, perhaps it's a preset you've installed. Hope this helps!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, ZombiiCake. For me, it is not a font issue. I run all my fonts through Extensis Suitcase Fusion and currently the plug-in is not installed for Illustrator v25.0 on my iMac running Big Sur. In addition, the Extensis Suitcase Fusion is set up to use a Cloud-Based Font Library (essentially this means that any fonts added to Fusion, I can log into my Fusion program on another machine and have access to those same fonts regardless of which machine I am on. With that, on my Macbook Pro, that is running Catalina and Illustrator v25.0, and Suitcase Fusion plug-in is installed on that machine accessing the same fonts that can be accessed on my iMac, there is no problem starting Illustrator v25.0 and running it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great ZC! What is the name of the font that was crashing Illustrator 2021 for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same issue. I have checked the fonts, reset the preferences, etc to all of the suggested fixes. It's not us, it's definitely the program. It needs to be fixed. I can't even get a bug report cause it never get's that far to make one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I hate adobe so much and I hate that I have to use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact customer care and have them login to your system

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, no. This is not something that Adobe needs to be accessing. They just need to see your Log Files. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html That is the best approach as not all Customer Care employees understand your unique machine setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Customer Care was able to fix a ot of machines during the past weeks.

Apparently you weren't. So why not leave it to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. Customer Care was on my machine remotely for hours, poking at everything, struggling to open and close windows and locate fonts and pref files. They wanted root access as well. I just gave up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  The only thing that has worked for me is to shutdown and restart Ilutrator, making sure that it is the first Adobe program that gets launched first.  I tried everything that everyone has said to do and this is the only way that works for me to get back to work.  I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all, 

We’re so sorry to hear about the inconvience this issue has caused.  There could multiple reasons why this would have happened. We have tried to consolidate the popular solutions that help in fixing these issues. Please try following these steps one by one and let us know how it goes:

Few users have confirmed that removing corrupt fonts has help them resolving these issues. Please try the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html) and let us know if that helps.

Another possible issue that has been reported by multiple users is due to wacom drivers. This help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-cc-crash-wacom-drivers.html) can help resolving this issue.

If nothing helps, please try the steps suggested on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-a-crash-and-recover-documents-in-illustrator/t... ) and share your observations with us. 

We hope that your issue will be resolved by these steps. However, if you need further assistance, please create a new post on the community and we’ll be happy to help. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines