• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! My file does not save the overprints !!

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I need your help, I work in prepress for flexography, when it comes to working on my file, everything is saved very well (image)Captura de pantalla 2018-01-24 a la(s) 9.26.10 a. m..png

When I open the file again, just to verify that everything is fine, I am surprised that my pre-press was not saved! Disable my overprints. (image)

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-24 a la(s) 4.07.26 p. m..png

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-24 a la(s) 4.07.54 p. m..png

Can you help me please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Your problem is that your have a gradient on stroke. You can make this look correct on screen before slosing the file

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 2.17.10 PM.png

When you reopen teh overprint goes away as you have discovered.

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 2.17.02 PM.png

AS a test put put a solid color on the stroke that holds after reopening the file, so the problem is gradient strokes.

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 2.20.53 PM.png

Use object >> path >> outline stroke and your probelm will  be fixed.

http://files.kaleidoscopechicago.com/_FI2NI8JJJR0sIR

file_overprint_Outline stroke.ai

2.6 MB

The URL will expire on Feb 24.

An even easie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

carlosf22049503  schrieb

When I open the file again, just to verify that everything is fine, I am surprised that my pre-press was not saved! Disable my overprints. (image)

Can you please describe exactly step by step what you are doing and what exactly does not get saved and how exactly you come to that conclusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course! the file has to be in CMYK, to do this process, you make a square as a background (black) and you make a figure in vector, you put a yellow gradient, and in the stroke you apply with the same gradient. There is an option in the attributes panel, click overprint stroke and you will see that the trace is hidden with the black color, and you save the file in .ai. Try to open again, and you have to see again the stroke on the black, which is the problem that my file has, does not save the overprint of the stroke. I hope and you can help me find the mistake!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attributes panel is still around, but most people use the multiply blending mode in the transparency palette. Is easier to proof your work, and you can set multiply at the path, group or layer level (use your appearance panel to determine what level your selection is).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it is very useful, that method, but would it be an error of the illustrator that does not mark the overprint of the stroke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a copy of the the corn using dropbox or similar ftp link? Might be the construction of the corn, how you are selecting the object.

Does this happen with anything else, are you trapping the file is why you need overprints?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need the overprint, to protect the stroke (image), when printing, by the movement of the machine (flexography printer) 

trapping1.gif

I share link of the file: that problem, only gives, when it is applied degraded.

https://we.tl/mHoT5cJIfh

Delete link 31 January 2018

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution or suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem is that your have a gradient on stroke. You can make this look correct on screen before slosing the file

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 2.17.10 PM.png

When you reopen teh overprint goes away as you have discovered.

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 2.17.02 PM.png

AS a test put put a solid color on the stroke that holds after reopening the file, so the problem is gradient strokes.

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 2.20.53 PM.png

Use object >> path >> outline stroke and your probelm will  be fixed.

http://files.kaleidoscopechicago.com/_FI2NI8JJJR0sIR

file_overprint_Outline stroke.ai

2.6 MB

An even easier solution is to set the stroke blend mode in transparency to multiply.

http://files.kaleidoscopechicago.com/_gQ2AB9FohRssZR

file_overprint_stroke-multiply.ai

2.6 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! MikeGondek I would have to work it that way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike is right the gradient on the stroke is the problem (and his Multiply suggestion looks like the right way to work around the problem).

I tested it in older versions (CS6) and the problem was already there.

You may want to report it here:

Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Edit: there is at least one similar problem mentioned, but that was closed:

Illustrator CC 2018 no more overprint after saving!!!!!!! – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will report that mistake, thank you! @Ton Frederiks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines