• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help with envelope distort

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm new at this illustrator thing (i'm learning) and i tried to use the envelope distort tool. I've followed way too many tutorials and the this happened:Captura de Pantalla 2021-03-26 a la(s) 10.13.36 p. m..png

can someone help me? i've searched a lot of info online and i can't find what's the problem 😞

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please show what you started with, and exactly what you did to get where you got? And maybe an explanation of what you're expecting, what you want to achieve? I can't tell that stuff from the image you posted. By the way, thank you for embedding (inserting) it rather than attaching it. Much appreciated.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'll start with two layers, layer one (red) and layer two (blue). Then, I'll select them so it looks like this:

Captura de Pantalla 2021-03-30 a la(s) 5.27.35 p. m..png

Once I have those layers looking like that, I'll go to object > envelope distort > make with top object.

Captura de Pantalla 2021-03-30 a la(s) 5.27.49 p. m..png

My illustrator is in spanish but that's the way the envelope distort worked before.

And it looks... like... that.

Captura de Pantalla 2021-03-30 a la(s) 5.28.10 p. m..png

Basically this is what I am expecting (something like this, not exactly bc i googled this): 

Captura de Pantalla 2021-03-30 a la(s) 5.35.13 p. m..png

 That's pretty much everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me as though you should try View menu > View using CPU, or cmd/ctrl + E.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you create that shape you are using as an envelope?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines