• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with pattern tiling.

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm using Illustrator cs6. I want to make 3 patterns that are identical in size and even spacing around the edges. I have a group of four objects per pattern and each of them are tiling differently. Is this normal? The third one tiled closer to how I want it to but the other two are not. Here are the 3 pairs.

Capture1.PNG

I placed each pattern on a 1080 x 1080px canvas. This is how they are tiling. The bottom one is close to how I want the other two to look like.

Capture2.PNG

Below are the pattern settings for each. The settings should be identical for each. 

Capture3.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture4.PNG

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Looks like your problem is how the pattern is placed inside the object. This depends on the initial placement of the object.

You can later move the pattern inside the object (or scale or rotate it).

Select the object, double click the select tool and then only check to "transform pattern" and uncheck "transform object". Enter the parmeters.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like your problem is how the pattern is placed inside the object. This depends on the initial placement of the object.

You can later move the pattern inside the object (or scale or rotate it).

Select the object, double click the select tool and then only check to "transform pattern" and uncheck "transform object". Enter the parmeters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I did try that and it's closer to what I want. I had to repeat selection tool a few times to bump it over to the edges.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious as to why the width & height px in the dialog box differs on each of the 3 patterns? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a good question! I swear I made sure each of the cats are spaced identically the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines