Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I move two points in reverse?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please be more precise and show a screenshot?

Also: which version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean is there a button on the keyboard

makes me move the two points that I've selected

Moving opposite.

The version is 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the 2 points and choose Object > Transform > Reflect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then explain / show better what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I know your post is nearly three years old and you've most surely found the answer by now, but I came across it trying to find a similar option. I don't know why it was so hard for those who responded to understand what you needed, but I posted the question myself and am sharing here the thread with the replies I got for you (in the small chance it could still come in handy) or at least anyone else who may come across your post and need the same solution.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/is-there-a-way-to-simultaneously-move-points-in-opposite-...

One thing to note: I've occasionally found that after selecting the points I want to move and then choosing the scale tool, as soon as I click to begin dragging, I get an error saying something like "Can't scale objects. The requested transformation would make some objects too large." As with many things in Adobe software there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why this message comes about, if I use the scale tool menu to move the points toward or away from the center line, do some other edits then try again suddenly it works as I had originally tried to use it (several internet searches didn't provide any helpful insights).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines