• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Turn Off That Annoying Tour Window?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked everywhere in the Preferences, but I cannot locate that horribly annoying Tour window that covers my work whenever I use Illustrator. Can someone show me how to turn it off (no, it's not the Welcome Screen...)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Hi all,

We're extremely sorry to hear about this trouble.  I understand how distracting and frustrating it could be. Ideally, it should stop once you close it. We're currently investigating is issue but unfortunately couldn't replicate this behavior at our end. 

We need your help replicating this issue. In case you are still facing this issue, please feeel free to send us a DM. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

This issue is listed as 'fixed' in version 25.4:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/illustrator/kb/fixed-issues.html

If you have updated and are still experiencing it or something similar, it may be worth posting on the uservoice link in that page to give details, or alerting Srishti here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah -- its the most annoying workflow killer in my opinion.

Illustrator I think I just had to use it then close it cleanly and it remembered I had already seen their new video pop up tour guide stuff... it stuck for a couple sessions.
...maybe just reboot if your adobe illustrator is leaving the pop ups

In photoshop it is this... (wish they kept it the same in AI)

'rich' tooltips

rich1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TMacFarlane,

You can turn off Tool Tips by going to Illustrator Preferences > Uncheck Show Tool Tips:

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 2.58.24 PM.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it turned off and I still get this very very VERY annoying window. Hitting skip tour doesn't help.grabs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, me too. And Adobe appears to be pretending this bug is not by design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We ALL need further assistance, Wren.. this is not a Tool Tip issue, it's those ridiculous Tour pop-ups. Seriously, HOW DO YOU STOP THEM???? I'm gonna lose my shit if these can't be defeated somehow; what an unbelievably stupid idea..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone please visit this AI bug page and vote for these to be taken care of.

Illustrator Bugs: Top (1613 ideas) – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So they have the time to program this cr*p but not to fix the frikkin bugs?

Adobe: worst professional software company ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not an Illustrator bug, Photoshop does it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wrensauer Can these "Learn" notifications be turned off? I click ok to view, but it never resets to not show. It is beyond annoying, and for someone that uses the program regularly, it is not needed.Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 11.03.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jayhyde@Srishti Bali  Did anyone figure out how to turn the "Learn"notifications off? This pops up everyday and it is super annoying. I tried turning off the show tool tips and restarting Illustrator but that didn't fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you actually try this before posting === I do not think so

(edited by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that's not true. I have had those annoying, productivity-harming, problem causing things turned off for ages in Photoshop and I still get that garbage every single time I start the program. Usually it steals mouse focus too which is fun when you need to get a client job done fast. Rich tool tips CANNOT be turned off, that is not the truth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Corey_  @jayhyde @STOP-SPAMMING-ME 

We're extremely sorry about the inconvience caused due to this issue. We're investigating this issue and I have sent you a DM for the same. 

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Srishi,

It's still a problem. I just started a new job and I'm trying to set up my AI workspace. The blue box is really killing my productivity. Please help!

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Shrishti, it's now almost July, has the Illustrator team still not figured this one out? I'm a professional graphic designer with 22 years of experience, I don't need these ridiculous training wheels under tight deadline conditions. Why has Adobe proven so thoroughly incapable of addressing such simple issues? Is this sort of thing part of the overall gameplan? Did somebody on the team see Microsoft's Clippy and think "Wow, our products really need something just like that!"

Fix your mess, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work Wren. Turning off tool tips does not stop the annoying tour from opening on launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nor does it stop tooltips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question is marked as "Answered", but turning off "Tool Tips" doesn't get it done. Taking the tour doesn't get it done. Killing production time is what is getting done with these stupid pop-ups!Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 1.03.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup! I can't get rid of the dam thing either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Can't get rid of it either.

Tried to uncheck "Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobad Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured this out yet? The "correct answer" the staff member posted is not correct. It should be taken down as a correct answer. The stupid tour window keeps popping up when I'm trying to get work done.

And why are all the Adobe CS products being so dumbed down now? We just recently moved to CC from CS6, after holding out as long as we could, and it's pretty sad. I feel like CS6 was the last professional version of the creative suite. Not to mention any Acrobat product after version 9 has the interface of a crappy Microsoft Office program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

prepress21​,
I CAN'T AGREE MORE! CS6 and acrobat 9, was the last of software made for power users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got nothing! Had it pop-up today when cancelling a save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines