• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change linked file and different page in one click?

Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm brutally struggle with Ai or even in Indd when it comes to changing arts from linked files with more artboards and replacing them easily. I have prepared board for printing and label cutting so that means I have couple of graphics ready to print and what I have to do is just relink linked file with another one AND and choosing different page its original file.

I have one design like this with 3 artboards/pages and I have other 11 designs.

Screenshot 2019-06-23 at 21.28.53.jpg

In other project I have placed linked files. The problem is, each placed linked file Ai is showing file browser to select file and page which veeeeery annoying.

I need is speed it up the changing file workflow and be asked for the file and artboard just once! The reason is also I have cutting lines which must on same place. Is it possible? Any ideas?

I recorded the problem: Dropbox - ai_file_linking_issue.mov - Simplify your life

Imagine I have linked 100 files with 3 artboard so I have to click 300 windows? Now I have other 12 designs so that means 3600 times? Ugh.

Any ideas please? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have more easy options to do that;

-One of it is using symbols:
-Delete all of your linked files except one.
-Convert it to symbol by dragging it to the Symbols Panel or press New symbol from the symbols panel.
-Duplicate the symbol as you like.

Once you double click one of it and change it by linking another file, all duplicated symbols will be changed.

1234.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines