• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change word spacing so it is 3x larger than letter spacing?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a passage where the space between words are seperated by 3 times the space between letters in a word. I've tried using the justification property under Paragraph options, however it doesn't give me the option to make it 3 time bigger, it just gives me the options to change the % of word spacing. Does anyone know how to make sure the word spacing is exactly 3x larger than the letter spacing?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to clarify what you're asking for. The space between letters depends on what the letters are, what the font is and how it's built, what the kerning and tracking are set to, and so on. Am I correct in assuming that you're not asking for what you'd get by hitting the space bar three times?

Thanks,
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're correct, my goal isn't to make the space between words 3x bigger by hitting the space bar three times. 

I am creating a study where we are using the variable font 'RobotoFlex' and we are controlling the character spacing (i.e. character tracking) and width. So when we change the character spacing (ex. to 50 or 100), I would like to make sure that when I hit the space bar, the space between words is 3 times larger than the space between the letters in the words (ex. so if the character spacing is set to 50, the spacing between words would be 150).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines