• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import workspaces in Illustrator 2021?

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The last time I used Illustrator, it was the version previous to 2021. I was able to import and export workspaces from the Workspaces menu in that version. Now I've got Illustrator 2021, and I can't find a way to import a workspace from the Workspaces menu or the preferences, and I can't find anything online that says that others have had the same problem. I also tried copying the .exec file of my custom workspace into the folder with the rest of the workspaces, but it seems to be a different file type than the pre-installed ones, and it's not showing up in the Illustrator application.

Does anyone know what might be wrong, or what I can do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Hi All,

Sorry about the trouble. I am afraid sync settings are no longer available in the current versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. For more details, you may check out this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-settings.html).

However, you can try to copy the Workspaces folder manually from the following locations and paste it to the exact location on your other machine or another version of Illustrator installed on your device. I hope it helps!

macOS:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Open your previous Illustrator version or other computer you want to pull workspaces from,

• go to Edit > My Settings > Export Settings save file locally
  • Open Illustrator program you want to save the new settings too
  • go to Edit > My Settings > Import Settings and selct the file you saved earlier

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to say, this is on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently you never got  an answer to this quesion... Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BKramer01 @imageprospd,

Sorry for the delayed response. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• @imageprospd, please confirm the Operating system.
  • Exact versions of Illustrator from which you want to import? (For, e.g. 25.3 to 25.4 or 24.0 to 25.0)
  • Do you want to import workspaces from a different system?
  • Do you want to import them from the previous version to a newer version?
  • Are your workspaces missing after updating? If yes, did you get the Import settings option dialog box?

I will be looking forward to your responses.

Thanks & Reagrds,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how about we start with the same system and the same version of illustrator?

I just dont want to have to go though re setting every single setting and workspace preference just because i updated my second machine

I exported Illustrator seeting from one machnine, same version, same OS and imported on the other machnine and it does not read them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select Window > Application Frame to toggle it on or off. The Application bar across the top contains a workspace switcher, menus (Windows only), and other application controls. Choose Window > Workspace > Manage Workspaces. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry about the trouble. I am afraid sync settings are no longer available in the current versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. For more details, you may check out this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-settings.html).

However, you can try to copy the Workspaces folder manually from the following locations and paste it to the exact location on your other machine or another version of Illustrator installed on your device. I hope it helps!

macOS:

• ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator <version> Settings/en_GB/Workspaces
  • ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator <version> Settings/en_GB/Modified Workspaces

Windows 10

• C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator <version> Settings\en_US\x64\Workspaces
  • C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator <version> Settings\en_US\x64\Modified Workspaces

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your previous Illustrator version or other computer you want to pull workspaces from,

• go to Edit > My Settings > Export Settings save file locally
  • Open Illustrator program you want to save the new settings too
  • go to Edit > My Settings > Import Settings and selct the file you saved earlier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LynxKx,

So simple and easy. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines