Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to separate image that has multiply effect on illustrator

New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have a background (the sky) and i placed flowers on top of it. I added a multiply effect with transparency to the flowers so that it would blend into the background nicely. Now, i want the flowers only, but with the added effect, when i take the flowers outside of the frame, it loses the multiply effect. So how do i seperate the flowers and sky so that only the flowers are left, but with the same effect?

You can see in the picture that, when i place the image outside of the frame, it goes back to its original color. (which i dont want) 

TOPICS
Draw and design , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By its very nature Multiply needs a background to "multiply" against. By removing the background color the results that you've gotten are what should happen. You'll have to manually adjust the colors and transparency to get what you're looking for. Try some of the options under Edit>Edit Colors while adjusting the transparency through the Transparency Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i understand that that's what should happen, but is there any way to save that same effect while seperating it from the background? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need Photoshop for that. Just export it as bitmap (PNG, JPG) and mask. May be you can use also clipping mask in Illustrator. Draw a shape above flower and apply clipping mask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share this Illustrator file?

What you want may be possible by flattening transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines