• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help " The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error [CANT] "

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this error whenever I am trying to open illustrator "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error [CANT]" and then after clicking ok in the error when illustrator opens I don't have any tools or essentials. 

Check this screenshots for better understanding: https://imgur.com/a/nPkUncy

Help me please :'( 

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Hi,

Please try steps mentioned at folloing thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/quot-the-operation-cannot-complete-because-of-an-unknown-error-quot/td-p/11381100?page=1

If it doesn't resolve your problem, please share which version of Illustrator, what Operating sytem are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try steps mentioned at folloing thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/quot-the-operation-cannot-complete-because-of-an-unknown-...

If it doesn't resolve your problem, please share which version of Illustrator, what Operating sytem are you using?

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Thanks for replying @charu 
The problem is fixed somehow. Now I don't have any issue with adobe illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Glad to hear your issue is resolved. If you have similar concern in the future, please try the steps suggested.

If you are on a Windows machine, please follow the instructions shared in this help article and let us know how it goes. If that doesn't help, please share a few more details like:

• OS and version of the Illustrator.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?  
    Please note that all the custom settings would reset too. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any other concern. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I just got a Windows Surface Pro. I've opened Illustrator several times without any issue. Last night a Windows update installed, and today I'm unable to get Illustrstor to open. The application freezes during loading and crashes. I got an error that said the operation could not be completed due to an unknown error, and I've also had an error with a long list of plugins that are not loading. I have already tried uninstalling/re-installing Illustrator, and I've renamed the extensions file to ''extensions_old' but that has not solved the issue. I'm running version 25.3.1 on Windows 10 Home. The only change to my system has been the Windows update last night. I've had this tablet for less than a week. Photoshop launches without issue, the problem is just with Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines