Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustration losing color when moved from library

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

watermleon image.JPGwatermelon 2.JPG

I have an image that was created in Illustrator. I moved it to my library, and dragged it into another Illustrator file. When I do that, it loses half of its gradient? Any ideas why? I'm fairly new to Illustrator so I'm sure there's a simple fix for this, but after quite a few unsuccessful Google searches, I'm out of ideas! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Does View > Preview on CPU change it?

What happens if you place the file as a Copy? (drag from the Library holding down the Alt key).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some updates of the OS for Windows 10 (especially in the inside program) can compromise the setting of the graphics card or monitor, the problem seems to be caused by the monitor / graphics card that is no longer able (due to a system error) to manage between the monitor's color profile and the Adobe application workspace.

If you have other Adobe Apps like Photoshop or InDeaing you should have the same problem everywhere.

If this is the case you must reset your OS after using a Windows troubleshooting tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will try to see if it's happening in Photoshop. It's strange because I have about 20 of these gradient illustrations and it's not happening with any of the others...just this one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does View > Preview on CPU change it?

What happens if you place the file as a Copy? (drag from the Library holding down the Alt key).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragging from the Library and holding down Alt worked!! Thank you!!! I wonder why none of the others required me to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know, but it happens sometimes.

Switching between GPU and CPU Preview helps as well as dragging an embedded copy.

In this interesting example the top window (and the preview in the library) shows the correct one.

The other 3 examples were just dragged aslinked into new documents.

Everytime I drag it into a new document it gets a different preview...

Weird preview.png

I report this at the Illustrator Uservoice feedback site:

CC Library Items give wrong preview when dragged to artboard. – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines