• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2019 (23.0.0) BOMBS repeatedly

Guide ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am NOT complaining -- I'm only reporting ...

I installed the new AI 2019 just now, and in running it for only a few minutes, it has bombed 6-7 times. It also suddenly stopped previewing the art (darkish gray screen) with a dialog saying something like, "Can't Preview ... something-or-other," and then it crashed AGAIN.

It's OK, though, since I always keep the former version (22.1) for just such occurrences.  :+)  Welcome to the bleeding edge.  :+)

Mac Pro, MacOS "High Sierra" 10.13.6

6 cores

32 GB ram

1TB SSD, two 6 TB drives

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.1

While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I did notice before I gave up was that when setting a Gradient, you can see the path as you begin, but after clicking to drag, when aiming at an opposite point on the path, the path DISAPPEARS, making it very difficult to complete the simple process of setting a simple gradient exactly the way you want it. -- It would be very nice if the path stayed visible while setting the gradient, as it does in 22.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dr Strik,

I wonder how many of the Views (so far 51) are from NSA and the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is also crashing for me. In my case, it was sitting idle while I was working in Audition. While Illustrator is open my system performance is terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue...Illustrator keeps crashing and I cannot get my work done!! Ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. And how can I get back to illustraror 2018??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. And how can I get back to illustraror 2018??

I had to look it up too.

Uninstall 2019.

In the Creative Cloud App: Apps> Illustrator Update (arrow)> Manage> Other Versions> Install your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even launch Illustrator CC since the update. And sadly I don't have the previous versions backed up. Please fix this ASAP as I can't work.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

2,3 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. illustrator crashes upon launch on my macpro.

fxt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solved my crashing problem by removing all plug-ins.

fxt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll test that out. I use CADTools though, and I can't go without it since I work in scale all the time. HotDoor did release an updated version of the plug in literally hours after 2019 was released. But I'll test it anyway to be sure.

I also have the Tensai FreeHand plugin, since we have decades worth of FreeHand files. It was working fine in the 2018 version.

Good idea to test plugins though. I didn't think to try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stage5,

I use CADTools as well. Illustrator 2019 seems to be working OK (aside from very long save-to-disk times to our network server), but CADTools has been a bit problematic.

• I can't edit the terminator style

• I can't detach measurements from objects

IMac 27" (Late 2012) 32GB RAM

MacOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Illustrator 23.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for the feedback. I mostly  use CADTools to work in scale. I don't use about 99% of the stuff in there. I reverted back to v2018 after about 2 hours of near constant crashes. There isn't anything in v2019 that I have to switch for right now. It would be nice if they fixed the issues though. Not a big confidence builder seeing massive issues like this on launch. No idea how this didn't show up in a Beta test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @keiths_at_Tether,

> ...CADTools has been a bit problematic.

> • I can't edit the terminator style

> • I can't detach measurements from objects

We have had no other reports of this behavior. If you call us, I can assure you we will get your CADtools fully operational. Our toll-free number for tech support is 1-888-236-9540 or you can email support@hotdoor.com.

Brendon Cheves

Lead Developer, CADtools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too found after the Illustrator 23.00 update today 13th December illustrator now won't open at all. I am windows 10,, 32 bit with sufficient memory.

I deinstalled it, restarted then reinstalled again. Same issue.

I repeated deinstalled etc reinstall.

So it started test 1 then hung. Nothing happened for an hour and half.

I pay CC monthly subscription but cannot find a simple way to open a Tech support ticket for the Team viewer process to start.

This sucks  Please resolve this ASAP with me.

Jane Dorney

UK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

speedieone  schrieb

I too found after the Illustrator 23.00 update today 13th December illustrator now won't open at all. I am windows 10,, 32 bit with sufficient memory.

I deinstalled it, restarted then reinstalled again. Same issue.

I repeated deinstalled etc reinstall.

So it started test 1 then hung. Nothing happened for an hour and half.

I pay CC monthly subscription but cannot find a simple way to open a Tech support ticket for the Team viewer process to start.

This sucks  Please resolve this ASAP with me.

Jane Dorney

UK

The Customer Care can be reached via this form: Contact Customer Care

You need to be logged in and at the bottom there is the chat option.

In case you can't get it to work, please create your own new thread in the user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking the thread as the initial issue "Can't Finish Previewing" is resolved in latest Illustrator Build(23.0.1). In case you are facing similar issues please create a new thread.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really sad to hear you have been experiencing this. We need help - please share the crash report refer to our KB on how to do it - Share information about a crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. I downgraded to the previous version and it's now working, will update again once the issues are fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have uninstalled  CC 2019 and gone back to 2018, due to the crashing and previewing issues. Is there a timeframe for when Adobe will have the crashing issues resolved? How will we know when it is safe to upgrade?

thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashing constantly. Switching between files, zooming in, zooming out, copying, saving, even when I am in another program. You name it, it has crashed.

Running more than enough memory at 32 g. So can adobe fix this please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me. After a few minutes of work Illustrator crashes with the hint, that there is too little memory – 40 GB of RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I even pulled down the latest display driver, but ended up reverting to the previous version. Sorry Adobe, but I pay a subscription for working software, not to be one of your beta testers. You can pay them on your own dime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Just installed 2018 (Ver 22.1) and I'm back up running again. Wish Adobe would stop pushing these updates that are obviously not thoroughly tested. Get your act together ADOBE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines