• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2019 (23.0.0) BOMBS repeatedly

Guide ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am NOT complaining -- I'm only reporting ...

I installed the new AI 2019 just now, and in running it for only a few minutes, it has bombed 6-7 times. It also suddenly stopped previewing the art (darkish gray screen) with a dialog saying something like, "Can't Preview ... something-or-other," and then it crashed AGAIN.

It's OK, though, since I always keep the former version (22.1) for just such occurrences.  :+)  Welcome to the bleeding edge.  :+)

Mac Pro, MacOS "High Sierra" 10.13.6

6 cores

32 GB ram

1TB SSD, two 6 TB drives

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.1

While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. To be honest Adobe this is ridiculous. And don't bother with "reset your preferences" thing. One does not simply spend 1h to configure to have this kind of a solution in respond (that solves nothing ofc).  I rolled back to 2018, and after 3 years start doubting this company. We need to start looking for alternatives, because this is not what we pay for MONTHLY, to be guinea pigs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.1

While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AshutoshChaturvedi

Thanks for the link, and the assurance that this build will work properly for daily pro work ... however ...

<rant>

Why is the "production quality" update designated as "PRE-RELEASE?" -- Is it simply so we would be required to SIGN a CONTRACT? Why does the contract include NON-DISCLOSURE ("Confidential Information")?

The ONLY reason we would ever accept and sign this contract would be because Adobe released a NON-WORKING version of Illustrator in the initial 23.0 release. To saddle us with a "pre-release contract" is a bit of an insult.

I can continue working in the "2018" version (22.1) just fine, thank you.

I will not accept this blatant attempt to silence the widespread complaining about the 23.0 screw-up. (Please note that until presented with this insulting contract, I did not complain. I understand the enormous commitment required to develop software, and the simple fact that "there is always at least one more bug.")

But now I feel this "prerelease" contract requirement to get a working version of paid-for software is a very unfortunate move on the part of Adobe. It's adding "insult to injury."

Am I wrong about this? -- WHEN will the actual working release be available (sans-contract)?

</rant>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now my 2019 version is crashing . . . don't get me started on Photoshop 2019 that I had to delete because it crashed at the bug screen.  Is this whole 2019 update buggy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DrStrik9  wrote

AshutoshChaturvedi

Thanks for the link, and the assurance that this build will work properly for daily pro work ... however ...

Why is the "production quality" update designated as "PRE-RELEASE?" -- Is it simply so we would be required to SIGN a CONTRACT? Why does the contract include NON-DISCLOSURE ("Confidential Information")?

I am sorry if you felt it this way. Intent of the engineering team was to unblock users early as the build is under test, string under translation and some real user validations of the fix.

Since the pre-release program also covers future road maps the NDA clause is built in. e.g. by being a pre-release member you shall know about version 24.0 months before we release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh, Thanks for the pre-release build. It's now working as it should.

There seems to be a bug introduced in this version where the rotate entry field isn't automatically highlighted in the Rotate palette. I usually hit the R shortcut key, then hit enter to bring the palette up, enter the rotation number via the numeric keypad and then hit enter again. This way is really quick. Now I have to use my mouse to highlight the entry field to enter a rotation amount. Strangely none of the other palette entry fields have this problem (that I've found so far). Scale and Reflect are behaving as expected.

Is anyone else here having this same problem?

Is there some place I can file a bug for this if it is one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was on the list of bugs i read on the list for future update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where it says your preferences should not be brought over to update does that mean, keyboard shortcuts, workspaces and general preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine transferred over, but I don’t know if that’s because I installed the official update and then ran the pre-release as an update? I have manually installed some of those before when installing on a new machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQ – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in while updating.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's Halloween present perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two week old mac,  2017 5k retina.  40gb ram, and it's complaining about being out of RAM.  Laughably poor, adobe.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me, but I just downloaded CC 2019 and within a minute it crashed on me. So it does not appear that the bug has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same problem here. Patch hasn't worked. Starting a new file works intermittently, opening an existing file throws it into a crash. Only way out is a Force Quit. Come on Adobe, we're paying a lot of money for these apps NOT to work properly. Very much disgruntled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sheriffofworksop  schrieb

Yep, same problem here. Patch hasn't worked. Starting a new file works intermittently, opening an existing file throws it into a crash. Only way out is a Force Quit. Come on Adobe, we're paying a lot of money for these apps NOT to work properly. Very much disgruntled.

Please contact Customer Care, so someone can login to your system to find the issue: Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After rolingback to AI 2018 for a few weeks, AI would not open a recent file. Last ditch effort to open the file; I upgraded to AI 2019. It worked and AI did not crash. It appears Adobe has fixed the issues. THANKS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neat! I just installed the latest Mojave update and now I'm insta-crashing Illustrator 2019 on startup. Sent the error reports, as usual. Luckily, I keep the 2017 version around for running specialty equipment, so it's not a big deal. : )

Another thought: I don't know why people are complaining about how much we pay for these apps. They are significantly more affordable than they were 20 years ago. Adobe products are a huge value, all things considered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines