• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 (24.0.1) crashing on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated all my Adobe CC apps to the latest versions today, and I am having frequent crashes with Adobe Illustrator CC 24.0 because I am trying to open the "Help" menu from the Menu bar (by reflex or by accident). When I do that, Illustrator crashes immeditaly everytime. 

Am I the only one to have this bug? Is there something to do to fix this?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Same problem with me: illustrator 24.1 on MacOS Catalina keeps on crashing. Deleting cashes+preferences only worked once, and next kept crashing again.

Solution for me was given by adobe support: delete this folder:

/Library/Frameworks/WacomMultiTouch.framework

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We have recently released an update for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.3) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v24.3, then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If that doesn't help, try steps shared on this help article and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

That's odd, I know I submitted crash reports at least three times? But in any case, the issue was resolved when I unchecked the GPU Performance box in Preferences. I haven't tried After Effects yet, though, so we'll see if that one continues to have problems.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not a solution. We are paying for "GPU Performance". Turning it off slows AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I am submitting craash reports everytime it crashes, but it is a little annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shane,

So sorry to hear about this issue. I tried but couldn't find any crash report with your email address. Could you please share it using https://pastebin.com/ 

If you need help using Pastebin, please refer to this GIF: https://adobe.ly/2tVKnCt

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check "Run Diagnosis" at first.

Remove your custom plugins in "Plug-In" folder.

Here is the details,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-24-0-1-crashing-on-macos-catalina-10-15-1/m-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator opens files if I open them directly.

It crashes if I use the Illustrator search dialog to find the file.

Not crippling, just frustrating.

I've tried all of the potential fixes here, nada.

I'm not here for a solution, rarely am, just adding a voice to the chorus.

"what

the

actual

f___?

la la la"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kinishinai,

So sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. If you have already tried all the steps I shared above, I would suggest you to please reach our one-on-one support at https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html. Simply open this page and click on the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are so sorry! It is a shame that we have such a product for years... We are stuck with the Illustrator issues forever... since the begining... What's the problem now? You are so big as a companhy and you hold almost a monopoly on creative app production...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It is a shame that we have such a product for years..."

So for years it has been crashing on you and you haven't found the time to contact 1-on-1-support?

Your issue is not a generic one and they need to log into your system to check it out. Just go ahead and contact them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't insult the inteligence. I am reading the solutions you propose in this thread, and I have to tell this is complete nonsense. I am telling about whole bunch of thing which were not all right with different versions of Illustrator for all these years back. The point is the app isa a constant issues "nightmare" but we don't have a decent substitution. Sluggishness and lack of features plaqued some of the verisons through the years and now we have the problem with the crashing again... Don't tell me to swich of the gpu support or clear the prefrences... The basic thing as stability is not functioning here... This supposed to be a professional tool and we don't have time to experiment with the stupidites...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the simple solutions don't help, then contact the Customer Care. They have additional help.

I can only tell you that for me Illustrator doesn't show all the issues mentioned all over the place. And yes, I'm using it daily. Basically I'm starting it in the morning and shutting it down in the evening. On the laptop I have it running for days. And this isn't even new hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I have the same exact issue. Until a few days ago I had a 2015 macbook pro and I was not able to run latest Illustrator because it was so laggy it was unusable... I just received a new mac book pro 16, with a big video card and a serious amount of Ram. It's not laggy anymore but it crashes 10 times today... Just opening vector files to modify a few things then throwing them into Photoshop. I'm so angry about that... I thought the problem was related to my older MBP, but nope... With a new beast it's even worse and still unusable in a professional way. Come on, it's impossible this soft has become such a pain in our workflow... Whats goin' on? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I just received a new mac book pro 16, with a big video card and a serious amount of Ram"

Did you set up a default printer on it? Illustrator needs a printer when opening and when saving files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? Nope. I don't have any default printer for the moment. Let's do that... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

So sorry to hear about this issue. As Monika suggested above, try setting up a printer. In case you don't have a physical printer available, simply set Adobe PDF as a default printer. If that doesn't help, share the following information:

• Crash report by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html
    While submitting crash report use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the creative cloud and share the download link. 
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 
  • What all applications are running when it crashes?
  • Are there any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My illustrator crashes approximately 10 times a day, 

About 75% of my .ai workfiles will create a crash, I've submitted reports everytime. Need help. I can finally afford adobe illustrator but if it crashes all the time. Makes no sense. I've resetted preferences etc, nothing works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

They can login to your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same thing is happening to me. Brand new Mac - all updates installed and it crashes almost every hour, if not more. It's rather frustrating since I am a graphic designer and in this app ALL the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about this. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • Share crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html 
    While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.
  • Does it seem to crash at random or after a particular action?
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the creative cloud and share the download link.
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

We’re here to help, just need more info. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening with me and with my other colleague as well. We have pretty much the same configuration that everybody described here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with me: illustrator 24.1 on MacOS Catalina keeps on crashing. Deleting cashes+preferences only worked once, and next kept crashing again.

Solution for me was given by adobe support: delete this folder:

/Library/Frameworks/WacomMultiTouch.framework

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem - Illustrator 24.0.3, Macos Catalina

This didn't fix the problem:

- Turned off GPU performance

- deleted the folder: /Library/Frameworks/WacomMultiTouch.framework

I've sent numerous crash reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabriel,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• There are two different issues that are being discussed above. Is your system crashing after sleep mode or is it crashing on launch or randonly while working on the application?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

If Illustrator is crashing on launch or randonly while working on the application,  please try the following steps and share your observations:

1. Reset Preferences: - 
  • Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.  

1. If that doesn't help, try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the Illustrator. 

1. If that doesn't help either, login to root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html  

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It is a brand new Mac so I don't have a have a history of "changes".

I think it was the Bitdefender. I've removed it and I don't have any chrashes since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I received my new 2020 MacBook Pro two days ago. I installed Creative Suite apps the same day; I went into Illustrator. Almost immediately after opening a new document, the program crashed. The program has crashed every time I use Illustrator. I am submitting a crash report each time. It doesn't make a difference what I am doing in Illustrator. It just crashes. So I uninstalled Illustrator and then reinstalled it. Again, after I started working on a project, it crashed. I filled out the report and then recovered my file. I went to save the document, and it crashed. This is just nuts! I can't even do my work. This evening I created a new project and immediately went to save it, and as I went to hit save, it crashed. This time it did not recover my work. I've been using Illustrator for a very long time, and this is the first time that I've ever had issues with Illustrator,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines