• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 (24.0.1) crashing on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated all my Adobe CC apps to the latest versions today, and I am having frequent crashes with Adobe Illustrator CC 24.0 because I am trying to open the "Help" menu from the Menu bar (by reflex or by accident). When I do that, Illustrator crashes immeditaly everytime. 

Am I the only one to have this bug? Is there something to do to fix this?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Same problem with me: illustrator 24.1 on MacOS Catalina keeps on crashing. Deleting cashes+preferences only worked once, and next kept crashing again.

Solution for me was given by adobe support: delete this folder:

/Library/Frameworks/WacomMultiTouch.framework

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We have recently released an update for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.3) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v24.3, then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If that doesn't help, try steps shared on this help article and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Illustrator 24.1.2 running on OSX 10.15.5

I believe this happens only after Macbook waking up:

Illustrator launches fine, then when I click open a document, Illustrator quits. I reopen and it works fine.

I sent the report to Adobe and got an instant No Solution or Workaround Found message. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting /Library/Frameworks/WacomMultiTouch.framework worked immediately for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too! Just in case you do not find your "Frameworks" folder in the Library (because I did not for some reason), search your harddrive for the "Frameworks" folder and look in each one until you find the "WacomMultiTouch.framework" folder, then delete. So happy to have Ai back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. This has been plaguing me for weeks. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me as well, thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sh*t... Couldn't find any Wacom Framework folder... Whereas Illustrator is still messy as hell. 

I had a massive crash 2 hrs ago when trying to copy a logo in Illustrator before jumping to photoshop with it... Boom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several other tipps in this thread. Have you tried them as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue, there is no watcom folder in my Frameworks directory, only an itunes folder.

brand new macbook Pro, 64Gb Ram, 1TB SSD, clean install of CC after signing up last week. Only other applications installed are Office download of word, excel from Microsoft.

Same issue, will be away from the laptop for a while, come back and start working on an open AI document and it crashes, or it has crashed while the laptop was in screen lock. Also crashes on wake from being closed, you login, start to work and bang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been having this problem with my illustrator since yesterday. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the updated illustrator 2020 v24.1.3 and still have the same problem.

After getting an error yesterday that the problem “might be due to internet connection” I tried reconnecting to my mobile data from my home wifi connection, and it seems worked for a while. Tho not sure if that really helped in anyway but my illustrator worked fine for a while after that until this afternoon. My illustrator just closes on its own without any warnings even not asking to save my current file before closing. Now when i try opening my AI again, it will just load until im forced to quit it. I hope this can be fixed soon as im currently working at home like everyone else and this can cause problems with my job if this persist. 

I tried sending this report to Adobe but unfortunately they prompted that they can find any solution, hence me checking this community hoping for help. I saw a lot of possible solutions here but I get that we might all have different causes and problems. Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 8.18.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-16 at 8.26.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here. For me I think it's a combination of a new MBP 16-inch 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 with AMD Radeoon Pro 5500M 8 GB, running macOS Catalina 10.15.5 and Adobe CC 2020. Illustrator (24.2) crashes all the time, most often when the program is open but idle. Photoshop crashes randomly as well, just not with the same frequency. I've sent in at least half a dozen crash reports. Super frustrating.

This is either Adobe's issue and/or Apple's, or both. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We have recently released an update for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.3) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v24.3, then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If that doesn't help, try steps shared on this help article and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2020 (v.24.3) actually crashes with more frequency than previous versions, so whatever Adobe thinks they fix they didn't. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is terrible app development and customer support, I have the same problem with most Adobe apps after updating to Catalina. I have waited untill some new versions were released but nothing works, very dissapointing. Now after wasting hours trying ti fix it and rollback still not working, I been following the recommended steps but Im so mad, how can a company like Adobe can release a versior so buggy and unstable ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't feel that Adobe is interested in improving the performance of their software. I've been through nearly 20 years of them ALWAYS insisting the problems with their software crashing is my fault. It doesn't matter what computer or OS, Adobe's poor software performance is never their fault.

Seven crashes in 3 days on a new system with a freshly installed and updated OS with an 8 core i9 processor, 32GB RAM and a Radeon Pro 5600 GPU. It is insane.

I also use AutoCAD, Vectorworks Landmark, the Affinity Suite, SketchUp, Blender and Capture One on my system regularly. None of these packages cause me problems out of the ordinary. So why does Adobe cause so many problems? What is it these companies know that Adobe doesn't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines